chapter 16

Jungkook stared, what the fuck was this?

"W-Wha" he stuttered out and Taehyung groaned, rubbing his temples as he turned to Jungkook.

"For our marriage" He mummered slowly, like as if he was teaching a incompetent little kid. Jungkook frowned.

"I-I told you, n-no" Jungkook stuttered out, and felt a strike of sorts hit his heart. He didn't wish to be strange or anything but it resembled hope.

Hope he hadn't felt in quite a while and the next words sure helped along with that. "I'm you're soulmate, and this is erm my apologize to um you, for rejecting you."

Jungkook couldn't bear to look at Taehyung right now, so instead he looked out the window of the car, as the light of the sun shone hitting a metal rack next to a little boy.

He was giggling along to something his friend was doing, a wonderous expression filling his face. He looked away to another side, there was a man a stick clenched between his bony fingers.

A white stick, a cancer sitck as his brother liked to call it. Raising it the man, bought it to his lips and breathered out the grey smoke.

"And um, yeah" Taehyung said hesatinly after getting no response whatsoever from Jungkook.

Jungkook however still doesn't turn to look at him, instead his doe eyes lay far away. Much too far for the stars that twinkle in his eyes.

Taehyung wants to see his eyes. "Tell me, Taehyung, what happens after?" Jungkook soflty asks, his eyes fixated outside.

Taehyung flushes, this is embrassing "We go our separate ways, after maybe a year or so."

No response.

Taehyung doesn't quite like this, he hasn't been ingored or disregarded like this in quite a while. But he tries to keep his calm as he focuses his eyes onto the ground.

"I can feel you're anger, Taehyung" Jungkook mummers, his little lips turned downwards at his own words. Taehyung looks up.

"W-what?" He questions, Jungkook sighs his eyes forever trained onto the window.

"It's the soul bound, I can feel you're emotions" Jungkook mummers wearily, and Taehyung almost wants to gasp dramatically as the boy pulls his sharp gaze away from the window and onto the boy.

But Taehyung's curious now, he doesn't care for the topic they're on. He knows once he rejects Jungkook that the man, will not feel his emotions.

Jungkook can probaly feel his emotions as well, and that burning curiosity he has.

"They're were a couple of kids" Jungkook drawles out, and Taehyung stares out the window. They're are some kids, two to be exact and judging from they're similar hair, eyes, and face they look very related brother and sisters probably.

Laughing and giggling, they're quite a pair. Cute, Taehyung thinks.

He voices his thoughts "They're adorable" Jungkook nods soflty, his soft brown hair ruffled, and Taehyung has a urge to reach out and touch it.

"They remind me of Jin and me" Jungkook mumbles to himself, soflty under his breath. So soflty that if Taehyung hadn't been intently listening he doubts he would have heard it.

"I-" he starts and pauses, unsure of what to say. He doesn't know, Jungkook looks vurnable. His pretty eyes filled with memories, Taehyung can never but wish to know.

"Tell me, Kim" Jungkook drawles out, his last name falling from the boy's lips, a sweet whisper "What do you want from this?"

Taehyung tenses, his hand shaking. He can do this. "T-to never see y-you after this i-is over." He stutters out, his eyes dropping.

He looks at Jungkook, innocence radiates from him. Beauty, love. Someone Taehyung knows if he bothered to stay, he'd fall in love with. He can't. He can't have that.

"Very well" Jungkook mumbles, his tone obviously strained "I'll give y-you that" he chuckles. "Is that all?"

Taehyung is pained, he can hear the hurt in the other boy's voice. And he can quite literally feel his emotions, seeking into his head bit by bit. Unwelcome.

He pushes them out and almost gasps out loud, that hurt. Holy shit, he blinks. Again. Everything's more blurry. What the fuck?

"Here's the contract" Jungkook mumbles and hands it to Taehyung, who blinks once again. What in the world? What's wrong with his vision?

"T-Taehyung" Jungkook soflty mumbles out, and Taehyung jolts. He can deal with this later, everythings just a bit blurry. Nothing he can't handle.

He's fine. "T-thanks" he breaks out, latching his hand onto the piece of paper. The contract he'd created, now fresh with Jungkook's signature.

Marriage Contract
1) This ends in a year.
2) No catching feelings.
3) No sexual interactions (kissing, etc)
4) No one else is to know about this
5) Act as if we are really together when they're are others.
6) No honeymoon
7) Be respectful to each other when alone.
8) This is a business deal.
9) Act professionally.
10) Once again no actual relationship/feelings.

Signature of both parties

Kim Taehyung
Jeon Jungkook

Taehyng glups, he'll be fine he convinces himself. He's having diffuclty reading the paper, but the words he wrote are seared into his mind.

"I-is there anything you'd like to change?" He asks, soflty and Jungkook just shakes his head. No.

"My parents want to meet you" Jungkook mumbles, and Taehyung pauses. What? He was planning on going to the doctor.

He can't fucking see. He can but, but everythings blurry and it's making him dizzy. And he just wants to go to sleep. He doesn't have time to meet Jungkook's parents.

"J-just convince them, t-that's all I need" Jungkook mumbles his voice shaky, Taehyung can hear the raw fear in his voice.

It reminds him of himself, it reminds him of his father and he can't resist. It's like he's seeing his former self, but instead this time. There's someone there to help.

No matter how much of asshole he is, he can't let Jungkook go through it. And as much as he hates that this boy is his soulmate, evidently clearly by the way he's blocked his whole damn mind from the boy.

And much as he worries about his eyes, and even as the world disorts around. Hazes and blurrs, leaving nothing the same. Makes a sick feeling settle into his stomach.

He nods. He sees himself, in Jungkook. He can't do this. Can he?