A Flicker of Comprehension

Start from the beginning

Lying outright that he had nothing to do with it, seeing how enraged his Grandfather was, Ye Hua, who was only a mere 1500 years old at the time, cowered in fear behind his tutors who all spoke on his behalf because they believed him.

And they did believe him, because Ye Hua never lied.  They fought tooth and nail to get him out of that interrogation which was horrendous for a child that young, but eventually they did as others were forced to face even worse interrogations while Ci Hang lent himself to solving who had the culprit could have been.

But it wasn't until Haode had every maid and guard lined up in the training area for execution, that Ye Hua finally stepped forward.  Not only had Ye Hua mastered his Grandfathers handwriting he also stole his seals.  Ci Hangs heart broke for him that day, not because of the mischief and near cause of a war, or even the punishment he received which also saw him saving his life.  But because of why he had done it.  He had done it only for a little peace.  But he was a kind boy, one who did not like to see those of lesser standing abused, and in the end it had been his kindness that had seen him throw himself at his Grandfather begging for their lives.

This was another reason why Ci Hang was with him yet again.  Only this time, no amount of begging would save his wife or even Cheng Yu for that matter which increased his desire to solve Su Sus mysterious circumstances, while also increasing the excitement for himself.  

And it was Su Sus predicament that needed solving if they were perhaps to save her.  He now knew for a fact, that Mo Yuan was returning, and that meant he needed to not only figure out how she was sealed, but how to break it, in order to get to Mo Yuans body which his soul needed.  

And that was another problem, because Ci Hang was one of the very few in their world, who knew how to soul search and transfer it into a body which would require a vast amount of work and energy to accomplish.  

Had she buried him in the Sea of Innocence, the basalt coffin would have preserved his body within the divine energy saturating the entire burial site, Mo Yuan would not need the soul lamp to lure his soul to his body, which he would have to use and they would not have to gather the fungal grass which someone would have to get.

That then took his mind to Zhe Yan of the Peach Tree Woods. He was one of the few who knew how to cross a soul over and Ci Hang was positive he would have noticed Mo Yuans star back in the sky and if anything, Zhe Yan would be working hard to find a way to gather his soul pieces, but without the soul lamp, he knew no other way.

Deciding he would visit the Peach Tree Grove once he was certain the Ye Hua was safe and would not run again, he then turned his attention to Su Su and her reaction to Qing Cangs energy.  It was obvious that mans hold over her was exceptionally powerful even though he could see that the energy itself was slowly dying away.

"This explains the dreams she was having." Ci Hang said as he watched  Ye Huabegin to edge Su Su out of the room.  She was staring wide eyed at Cheng Yu and Lian Song who was beginning to rouse, but other than confusion and concern for the mans bleeding wound, she seemed to be alright.  In fact, the glazing of her eyes were beginning to return to normal the further he pushed her out of the room.

Thinking about what Ci Hang had said, Ye Hua shook his head lightly.

"No.  She was not having those dreams I first arrived." he said as Su Su looked at him frowning.

"That is because Mo Yuans soul would have awoken that energy.  He was after all connected to both her and Qing Cang so it was possible the link opened when the crystal was hung over he bed." he said while going onto explain.

"When Mo Yuans soul scattered, some pieces would have remained within the bell.  Qing Cangs soul was also sealed within the Bell, therefore both of their souls are connected.  By bringing them together, Mo Yuans soul piece was all it took to open a connection between Qing Cang and Si Yin which would have been the reason for the memories opening, something I also think Mo Yuans soul piece may have influenced on purpose." he said which had Ye Hua glaring at him briefly and then back at Su Su, who was edging out of the room without his help.