11. Chasing cars

If you read and enjoy it, please help my story grow by voting. It would mean a lot!

Five days. Five freaking days my brother and Harry have been gone for, and all I’ve gotten was a text from my brother saying “Just landed. Be home soon, baby girl.”

Today is Friday, which means a whole week of school has gone by and they’re still in England. I’ve tried not to think too much about it, but it’s practically impossible not to. I’m worried that whatever they’re doing over there has gone wrong and I’m worried that either of them might be hurt.

I’ve tried calling both of them countless times, but all I’ve gotten back from John was a text saying that he was busy and we could talk when he came back, and Harry didn’t even bother to text me anything.

It’s been a long week and I spent most of my time alone, only leaving my dorm room to go to classes and a couple of times to have coffee with Michael. I feel like that’s one of the only things I’ve got going for me at the moment, my friendship with the green haired boy. The more we talk the more I feel like I can trust him and maybe eventually I’ll open up to him, which would be a huge step for me.

Hazel has tried to call me a couple of times, but I just didn’t have it in me to pick up. It’s not that I don’t like her, but I feel like every time I talk to her she’s gonna tell everybody else what I’ve said. Besides if Harry and John don’t really trust her, why should I?

I’m strumming my guitar when my phone starts ringing and it’s an unknown number, I pick up hoping it will be Harry or John.

“Hello?”

“Mia. Hey it’s Hazel.” Crap.

“Hey, what’s up?”I try to play it cool.

“I was just wondering if you had plans tonight. Me and the girls are going out for dinner, we do it once a week to catch up. Do you wanna come with us?” Yeah, ‘cause that worked out so well last time.

“Um…I have some stuff do.” I’m the worst at finding excuses.

“Mia, c’mon. I’m trying really hard here. I’m even calling from my boyfriend’s phone because I know you’ve been dodging my calls.” She knows? Now I feel bad. “Please, I really wanna be your friend.” I don’t think anybody has ever tried this hard to be my friend and that makes me feel kinda guilty for ignoring her throughout the entire week.

“Uh…okay.”

“Really? Awesome. We’ll pick you up at 8.”

“Okay. See ya.”

What have I gotten myself into?

***

“Well this is fun,” I state awkwardly.

This is most definitely not fun. After a 30 minute drive filled with stupid meaningless talk, Hazel, Eleanor, Ally, Summer and I arrived at a restaurant which served food described by them as “better than an orgasm”. They were wrong, the food here sucks. Everything has vegetables, I hate vegetables. The only thing worse than the food is the company. Throughout the whole dinner, I’ve been feeling really left out. Nothing that I’m not used to by now, but still…it’s hard.

“It would be more fun if John and Harry were here,” Ally says glaring at me. For her own stupid reasons she’s been blaming me for the fact that that they left without any warning.

“I’m sure they’ll be back soon,” Hazel tells her.

“Have you heard from them?” Eleanor asks, looking at me.