4. Never say never

“What an asshole!”

My brother groaned and put a pillow over his head to block the sound of my voice.

“I can’t believe he would do something like this.”

He shifts again and throws me the pillow. “I’m trying to sleep.”

“Why would Harry do this to someone?” I ask, still staring at his phone.

“What are you talking about?”

“He just sent you a text telling you he had sex with two sisters last night and neither of them knows about the other. He’s disgusting.”

“How do you even know that? My phone is password protected.” John sits up and snatches his phone from my hand.

I roll my eyes. “Your password is my birthday. Would you ever do what Harry did?”

“Probably.” He shrugs. “I told you I’m a bad person. I gotta go shower and change before class.” He kisses my forehead and heads to the door.

“I still haven’t seen your dorm.”

He turns around and gives me a sheepishly look. “I’m not staying at the dorms anymore.”

“Oh. Are you staying with Harry?” I’m a little disappointed that I hadn’t heard about it until now.

“I’m staying at the frat house.” That makes sense, that’s why he threw that huge party which I wasn’t invited to.

“I didn’t know you were in a frat.”

“I’m not but I’m friends with some of the guys and since I’m the best at throwing parties they let me crash there.”

I wanted to ask him a million questions but he left too fast and I didn’t get the chance.

***

Another morning of classes went by and I still didn’t make any friends. Michael hasn’t text me either so I guess I’ll just spend the rest of the day alone. Awesome.

During the walk back to my dorm I got a text from Hazel.

Hazel: Hey! Wanna have lunch together?

I’m not sure going to lunch with Hazel is such a good idea and I’m pretty sure my brother wouldn’t like it but I’m sick of being alone.

Mia: Sure. Where?

Hazel: You know that diner close to campus? It’s only a 10 minute walk.

Mia: Yeah. Meet you there.

***

When I got there Hazel was sitting on a booth with Ally, Summer and Eleanor. I thought it would be just the two of us. And if it was just Hazel and I, I wouldn’t be so nervous but I think Ally and Summer kinda hate me, they’re probably gonna make me upset. They always do.

“Mia, I’m so glad you could make it,” Hazel says as soon as she sees me.

“Yeah Mia. So glad you could crash our best friend lunch even though we barely know you.” Summer rolls her eyes.

Well this is a great start.         

“Don’t be rude Summer,” Eleanor tells her, as I sit next to her.

“I’m never rude. So Mia you really like to wear more clothes than necessary.” She gives me a fake smile.

“I guess so.” I return her fake smile.