8. Shake it off

I wake up feeling like crap because I have a huge head ache, but at least I slept a full night of uninterrupted sleep so I guess I can’t complain.

Today is Saturday which means I could actually sleep in, but I promised my brother I would go with him to watch Harry’s game. I considered calling it off, I mean it’s not like he’s gonna care that much if I don’t come, I bet he just felt like he had to invite me because he felt bad for me. Harry probably doesn’t even want me there. I quickly decide to put those thoughts aside, because I don’t wanna turn down a chance to spend more time with my brother, even if my head is killing me.

The game is only in the afternoon, but I need get started on my assignments which I’ve been procrastinating. I love school, but lately it’s been the last thing on my mind.

On Wednesday I ran into Michael and I was basically forced to explain myself. I was scared he would think I’m weird, but he seems to be pretty cool about it all. We talked for a really long time and it was actually really nice because I got to learn a few things about him like how he’s been friends with Calum, Luke and Ashton since they were kids, how he first dyed his hair when he was 16 and his mom totally freaked out when she saw her kid had purple hair, and how he was always terrible at all sports, kinda like me. I didn’t tell him much about myself, but eventually I think I will, it just takes me a little longer to trust people since the incident.

I tried to focus on my studies but my head was hurting so much that I just decided to lie back down and try to sleep some more to make my headache go away. As I feel myself start to drift off I hear my phone buzz.

Harry: You still coming to my game, right?

My heart started beating faster as soon as I realized Harry had texted me. My brother had told me it was rare for Harry to text anyone, even his friends, so that makes me get a little overly excited over this. He asked me if I was going today, does that mean he wants me to? I hope so.

Mia: Yup. Are you nervous?

Well, that was a stupid question. A person like Harry obviously doesn’t get nervous, he’s always so confident and sure of himself, and he said he would be kicking ass.

Harry: A little bit. If you tell anyone I said this, I’ll kill you ;)

So I guess today I’m gonna get to see playful and carefree Harry, at least it appears so in his text and that’s what I’m hoping for.

Mia: Don’t worry; your secret is safe with me. Good luck!!!

Harry: Thanks. I’ll see you there.

***

“Why are people being so damn loud?” I complain for the hundredth time. I’m pretty sure that my brother regrets ever inviting me to come along. All I’ve done so far is whine about everything.

There’s 15 minutes left in the game and apparently we’re doing well, though I have no idea what’s happening because I’m too busy trying to block out the people cheering. My head hasn’t improved one bit and it hurts so much I just wanna cry.

“If you’re feeling that bad, I should just take you back to your dorm,” John offers, but I tell him it’s ok. The truth is I feel like I’m making progress with both my brother and Harry and I don’t wanna ruin that. I haven’t even spoken with Harry yet and I want him to know that I came.

Not soon enough the game came to an end and our team won. I saw Harry being lifted up by the rest of the guys and everyone cheering him along. My brother goes and joins him, but I just sit on bleachers watching, because I feel like I’m gonna pass out from the extreme pain I’m under.