Ten

*ELLE'S P.O.V*

I couldn't believe how much fun I had with Devan, he made me feel happy and like my past didn't matter anymore. He made me feel...special. I decided I should text him to let him know I had a great time

"Hey Devan, thanks for taking me out tonight. It really meant a lot Mr Romantic haha."

I hope it was a date, otherwise I just made a fool of myself. I was just about to have a shower when I got a text back

"Haha, no problem Elle, I really appreciated you coming and hanging out on our first date."

His text made me smile, and made me feel special and wanted for once...

"ELLE! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" I heard my mom say, when she says that it's a bad sign. Well for me anyway.

"What mom?"

"So, your father and I have been talking..."

"NO MOM YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T!"

"Elle, please just listen to me. El-"

I grabbed my phone and ran out the door, I knew where this was leading. My mom was considering getting back together with my dad. He abused me when I was little, and the rest of my family...when mom and him got into fights, I tried to get rid of Lewis and Ava before it got physical. I'd lock them in a room and watch from the corner while my dad was cursing at my mom. When I saw him go in for a slap I would run out my mom would yell for me to step back but I wouldn't. I'd always end up with a black eye or a big bruise. One time I actually got a broken arm from my dad. Even when they weren't fighting he would abuse my mom and I, when he started abusing Lewis, I guess my mom had had enough. So they divorced.

My mom would always talk about getting back together with him, I heard the phone calls and everything. So I knew what she was saying.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Love you all thank you for reading!

Btw I have an Instagram fan account username is: dolann_chamberlainn