The Note

A month had gone by and nothing interesting or new had happened too the orphans. They were living peacefully and normally at Justice Strauss's lovely house. Count Olaf's house had been torn down and been replaced with a lovely new one. The orphans waited anxiously to meet their new neighbors who would be moving in soon.

"Do you think they'll try to kill us?" Isadora asked everyone sitting on the couch.

"Or steal our fortune?" Duncan added.

"Children! Why do you think such terrible things?!" Justice Strauss asked surprised.

All the orphans glared at her. "We lost our families in fires. Been sent to live in a house with a Count who tried to marry my sister." Klaus began.

"We escaped only to end up in the clutches of a murderous psycho path that happened to be our cousin." Violet continued.

"Violet was almost murdered after we retrieved the kidnapped Sunny. She then was hypnotized by a creep and we only just solved that problem a month ago." Quigley finished.

"And what were everyone's motives?" Duncan asked sarcastically.

"To kill us or steal our fortune." Violet answered.

"Oh." Justice Strauss murmured.

Klaus looked out the window and saw a moving truck pull up across the street.

"Our new neighbors are here!" Klaus said trying to break the tension.

"Let's go meet them!" Isadora squealed.

"I'll take you guys over." Justice Strauss stood up and walked outside. Isadora and Klaus followed close behind.

"Are you coming?" Duncan asked.

"No I'll stay here with Sunny." Violet smiles.

"Nah Sunny's coming with me." Quigley picked up Sunny and they followed the others out.

"Why don't you want to come?" Duncan asked Violet sitting down next to her.

"I'm just not comfortable going out." Violet sighed.

"Violet you haven't left the house for a month." Duncan grabbed her hand pulling her up.

"I don't know last time I was out..." Violet started.

"Some crazy shit happened to you. I know the story I lived it with you remember?" Duncan pulled Violet in a hug. "Come out for me?" Duncan questioned.

"Fine." Violet sighed. Duncan lead Violet outside where the others were waiting.

"There you two are! Is everyone ready to go meet our neighbors?" Justice Strauss questioned.

Everyone nodded. "No." Violet said under her breath. No one ended up hearing her though. They crossed the street and Justice Strauss rang the doorbell.

"I'll get it mommy!" They heard a girl call.

A girl about their age wearing all pink opened up the door. She had red hair and freckles on her pale skin. She was wearing a pink poofy dress with many sequins and sparkles.

"What are you staring at?" The girl snapped.

Isadora knew what to say to certain girls like this one. She didn't want to make enemies.

"Just how absolutely beautiful you are!" Isadora exclaimed in her best popular girl voice.

"Thanks a bunch you're not to shabby yourself!" The girl smiled in delight. "I'm Carmelita!" The girl stuck her hand out. Isadora shook it but Carmelita pulled it away for everyone else.

"Well we better get going..." Violet said awkwardly.

"See ya later. Isadora you must come over to my house later this afternoon! Ok?" Isadora nodded and they left.

Everyone went into their rooms but Isadora and Klaus stayed downstairs.

"You know we haven't had a formal date right?" Klaus started.

"I'll go out with you but when?" Isadora asked.

"I was thinking tonight."

"Sound amazing." Isadora kissed him on the cheek and went upstairs.

She walked in the room to see Violet laying on the bed crying.

~What happened when Isadora and Klaus were talking~

Duncan followed Violet into her room.

"Oh Duncan! You scared me!" Violet said turning around.

"Sorry Vi. I just wanted to check on you." Duncan came closer kissing Violet on the cheek.

"I'm ok. There's no need to check on me." Violet smiled weakly.

"But earlier..." Duncan trailed off.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine perfectly fine." Violet hugged Duncan and he left the room. Violet fell back on her bed looking at the ceiling. I can't do this anymore. She thought to herself. Then she wrote the note. Not a suicide note a sorry note. She wrote it to everyone she loved. Klaus, Sunny, Duncan. Isadora, and Quigley. She carefully sealed it and stored it under her bed making sure to write the date so if anyone ever found it they would know what was happening at the time. She hoped that one day someone would find it and forgive her. She never wanted to say the things she had done out loud. It would be to painful so she wrote it all down. Violet started to cry and Isadora walked in hugging her immediately.

"What's wrong honey?" Isadora asked sitting next to Violet.

"Everything."