Jesus?!

Miles and miles higher, a discussion about the Apocalypse was happening, but it was notably more polite than the one from down south.

Amiel sat in a flourishing green garden, surrounded by chirping birds and fragrant flowers. It was a scene straight out of a rom-com. Except, in this context, many would say it looked like Heaven. These people would be correct. If you mixed the two together, you'd get a rom-com about Amiel and Jesus that takes place in Heaven. Reality sits right in the middle.

"So you'll need to work with someone from Below," Jesus was saying, having already described the entire Apocalyptic situation in great detail. Amiel had quite nearly fallen asleep, despite the fact that angels don't truly have the capability to sleep in the first place. He perked up at this.

"You mean, a real demon? I have to work with one of those?"

"They're real people, you know," Jesus scolded. "Don't refer to them as just objects. It's unkind."

At this point, anything Amiel had said was unkind, so he'd widely remained silent. Still, he wanted to know.

"Let me get this straight," Amiel continued, ignoring His disappointed face. "I have to work with a demon to get Death back, and that will fix everything?"

"We need a human to fix the mortal side, but yes." Jesus pondered for a second, almost hesitant to ask Amiel's opinion. "Would you happen to know anyone that would be willing to help? Someone aligned with the Light, but still can get things done?"

Amiel sighed. "Yeah. I know a guy."

Jesus smiled, and it was just like how everyone on Earth believed it to be. The birds chirped louder, the sun shined brighter, and every intention of ill will left Amiel's body in an instant.

He hated it.

"Ugh, don't do that. It's annoying."

Jesus frowned, and again, it was just like how everyone on Earth believed it to be. The birds stopped chirping, the sun disappeared, and Amiel just felt generally uncomfortable.

"Is Judiel up here?" Amiel asked, trying not to start a fight with The Son by playing with his emotions. "Judiel said he wanted to talk to me."

Without warning the aforementioned angel stuck his head around the corner of a bush. His face lit up, a smile so large it looked like it touched his ears. "Amiel! You came!"

"Don't remind me."

Judiel pranced through the garden like some sort of little deer, throwing an arm around Amiel. Across from the two, Jesus excused himself, likely leaving to go do another miracle, or something extraordinary.

All Judiel could do was beam at Amiel as if he was looking at his idol.

"How have you been?"

"I'm living on Earth, how do you think it's been?"

"It's probably much better than up here. I mean, everyone's all righteous, all the time." The angel just shrugged. "It gets kind of boring, honestly."

Amiel couldn't say anything, because he knew it was all true. That's why he had left the perfect and pristine Above ever so long ago; he couldn't do anything fun. Sure, his alignment with Heaven didn't really let him do much on Earth either, but it was better than sitting in a garden and drinking tea all day.

"What's it like down there?" Judiel's eyes are expectant, filled with the type of light that you only find Above.

Amiel ran a hand across the back of his neck.
What was he supposed to tell this happy-go-lucky angel in front of him? Someone who's spent his whole life wanting to go for a walk through a busy street, or adopt a puppy in their free time? Telling him the truth would absolutely shatter his heart and all of his dreams. However, Heaven had a rule about lying.

"Well, it looks like it's all about to blow, if I'm being honest," Amiel said truthfully. Judiel's face fell. "But I'm in charge of saving it, so maybe everything will go back to normal."

"You'll do great, Amiel." The angel pat his counterpart on the back, that bright smile back on his face. "I know you'll do great."

This conversation was getting a little too weird and drawn out for Amiel's liking, so he stood up from the marble bench and said, "Looks like I have to go save the world."

"Looks like you do," Judiel said, chipper as ever.

Amiel cleared his throat. "You're blocking the exit."

"Oh."

And Amiel left.