43

During the interview, Sung Jae was asked about what his philosophy in life was. He stated that it was love and companionship, protecting the one you love. He held Soo Young's hand, and she was just in a very stiff awkward position. But still played along.

"Mrs Yook, what do you think?" the interviewer asked.

"Eoh," she snickered, "it's actually very simple. we just need to stick to the CONTRACT."

She teased, wanting to pay back since Sung Jae kept bringing up that word.

Sung Jae stiffened when he heard the word 'contract' and kept looking at Soo Young like she was out of her mind.

"What contract?" the interviewer asked.

Sung Jae shot her glaring faces and kept awkward laughing as distraction.

"Ah! The contract that the Gods bind us to! Aren't we to love one another until death tears us apart in spite of sickness and poverty? That's why we would be punished by the Gods if we don't!" she playfully teased with confidence.

"Ahhh! So you meant the wedding vows." the interviewer confirmed.

...and Sung Jae breathed out in relief.

The interviewer continued, "When Mr Yook proposed to you, you must've been very touched!"

The two laughed awkwardly. 

"Um everything all came too fast, so... we didn't even have the time to hold a wedding!" Soo Young and Sung Jae both fake laughed.

"I see, but happiness is what matters now! Let's go on with the next question!" the interview lady prompted.

The rest of the interview went on for about 20 minutes.

Towards the end of the interview was the photoshoot session. It required both Sung Jae and Soo Young to act lovey dovey. 

The two were awkward at first, but then gradually became more natural as they joked and laugh at random things. The cameras were snapping away but it seemed like they forgot it was even there.

The last shot was on the bed where they lay down next to each other and look deeply into each other's eyes. 

They were super stiff and awkward trying to 'get closer' to each other, but as they looked at each other's faces, they just burst out laughing. They couldn't help the giggles because of how close their faces were. Also, Sung Jae's ears were.. very red.

Then all of the sudden the atmosphere got silent. They somehow stopped giggling and got deeply lost in each other's eyes at that moment. 

"YES! THis is exactly what I wanted! Love is written all over it!" the interviewer and cameraman shouted.

The tension was real. They could hear their own hearts beating and they wondered if the other could hear it too. 

-----

Back at Sung Jae's house, The doctor visited and advised Rose to rest and be careful of her wound. Before the doctor left, she was also told that Min Ho has arranged all her future appointments at Sung Jae's house for the remaining of her recovery period.

She sincerely thanked Min Ho, and he smiled and said it was nothing.

He got her some water and Rose noticed that his arm was odd.

"What happened to your arm?"

"Ah, no, It's fine. It's just that the guy gave me a little cut that day."

"What?! I didn't know you got hurt! Let me take a look." Rose worried.

"No it's okay." Min Ho said, but Rose insisted.

She then saw that his wound was bleeding and got very worried. "How did you get so badly hurt?! You need to get it re-bandaged! I'll go get the first-aid kit. Wait here."

Min Ho teasingly laughed. "Wow.. I didn't know you care so much about me."

Rose stopped at his words.

"So.. does that mean you can't get me off your mind either?" he playfully teased.

"You were injured cause of me. How can I not care about you? Do you think you'll be fine by putting up a strong front?" she stated.

He sniffed, "You're absolutely right. If I hide my wound, it will never heal. I might as well ask for help.... Rose-ah, it's the same with you. Be it there," Min ho pointed at her wound, "or there," he pointed at her heart, "I'll be your doctor and I'll always be here for you. Because besides Yook Sung Jae who cares about you.... I do too."

---

Sung Jae and Soo Young walked outside after the interview ready to leave. 

Soo Young's bag dropped and her wild boar carvings that Sung Jae gave before fell out. She ran to pick it up, not noticing the car backing up right into her.

Sung Jae saw the scene, panicked and immediately grabbed her out of the way.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE CAR COMING?!" he yelled at her out of worry.

She shouted back that her wild boar almost got smushed, and that she was saving it.

Sung Jae stopped yelling and looked at her in the eyes. 

"Didn't you say that you didn't have any feelings for me?" he confronted. "Then why did you risk your life to save this stupid wild boar?"

Soo Young remained silent and avoided eye contact.

"You don't have any other excuses?" he continued, "Anyway, I won't listen to any of your excuses anymore. Even if what you said was true and nothing happened between us that night, okay, fine, but I have my own feelings. I am not an idiot. it's fine. I will seek out the truth on my own. AND. I refuse to play this ambiguous relationship with you anymore."

He snatched the wild boar out of her hand and held it up. "Don't you hate it when things get snatched from someone else? This wild boar wasn't even yours in the first place. But you still held it so tightly with your hands, and protected it with all your might." He continued, "Right now, I just... hope that I can be like this wild boar."

Soo Young took the boar back. "I... I'm going back to work."

Sung Jae was left in sighs yet again.

---

At the hotel, the flirty manager was spying on male employees through a CCTV feed of the locker room. 

After they left, Soo Young and Ha Young stepped in and Ha Young asked her what the deal was with the lady and two model guys earlier. They discuss whether Samantha knew the truth about the fake marriage contract, and the flirty manager overheard.

"It was hilarious this morning. She thought that I was a maid and Rose was Mrs Yook." Soo Young told Ha Young.

"You better keep the contract in a safe place. If ever she finds out, you're gonna get kicked out of the house!" 

"Pfft. I'd rather she sees the contract and kicks me out. I'm so tired of living a lie."

"Yah Park Soo Young! Get a grip. Get a grip, will you? You've already put up with this for such a long time. If you didn't make it through and get that one million then all your efforts are in vain!"

"Ughhh I just want to end this ill-fated connection with the entire Yook family!!" she stated.

"Hm.. I have an idea." Ha Young stated.

..

.

They didn't know their entire conversation was heard.