16

Sung Jae was warned by the president, who was the fussy and grumpy owner, that the model house must be ready in 2 days. He was very upset and made a move to switch designers, but Sung Jae stopped him and asked for another chance.

The president gave in and warned him that he would give him this chance to prove himself, but if he fails, he would destroy Sung Jae's future. He then walked off. 

Soo Young overheard the conversation, walked up to Sung Jae and wiped the dust off his coat. "Ka ja. (lets go)" she said with a smile.

On the ride home, Soo Young asked Sung Jae if he knew any other workers or has found another alternative. 

"Yah, are you worried about me?" Sung Jae teasingly asked with his eyes on the road.

"Pfffffttttt, ani, i'm just worried that if you lose your job, you won't be able to afford the household expenses!" 

Back at home, Sung Jae is outside on the benches thinking about his current obstacle. Soo Young joined him outside and asked if he found a solution, but Sung Jae confessed that there wasn't any. 

"I'm just thinking about which profession I could enter next..." Sung Jae demotivatingly said.

Soo Young took a deep breath and looked up at the night sky. She noticed that it just rained but the clouds are still in the sky. Sung Jae said he doesn't mind not seeing stars, and he would rather look at the city night lights. 

"When I was younger, I was alone almost all the time, so seeing a house brightly lit reminds me that I'm not alone in this world." Sung Jae spoke.

Soo Young just stared at him, wondering what happened to his parents. 

Sung Jae continued, "My parents were divorced when I was young." He looked over to her only to find her looking at him with sad eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that? Even if I didn't have a whole family I have designed many homes for families."

Soo Young realized that while she was envious of other people's dinner tables, Sung Jae was envious of other family's bright lights. 

"Yah! You're lying about thinking about changing profession! You love what you do! Hey, in this city, so many people found happiness with your designs.. so don't give up! I believe you'll find a solution."

They sat there in silence, under the night sky and by the poolside. Suddenly an idea came to Soo Young's mind. "Hey!" she stood up. "I think you should reconsider hiring the foreman who quit!" 

"You saw the situation today. That's impossible." Sung Jae told her.

Soo Young giggled, "Yook Sung Jae... Trust me."

--

The next day, Soo Young gets Sung Jae to apologize to the head construction worker and his crew, and to pitch in and help with the construction of the model home. Sung Jae is not used to being submissive and considerate, but this time with Soo Young's encouragement, he was able to bend his will and get the job done. He carried heavy pieces of steel and tools and slightly whined about it, but still does it anyway. Soo Young helped out by carrying heavy buckets of paint, but Sung Jae quickly took it from her like the 'man' he is. Soo Young chuckled at the sight of him. The head construction worker made sure Sung Jae worked his hardest and understood just how exhausting labor is. 

During lunch, the head's wife brought some Samgyetang (chicken soup) and everyone takes off to get some themselves. 

Soo Young found Sung Jae sitting at the side sketching yet another wild boar girl picture, and this time it's a hard working wild boar girl. She grabbed it and sketched a flower in the corner. Sung Jae snatched it back and they both fought over the picture.