41

Sung Jae and Soo Young moved the conversation outside and Soo Young laughed hysterically about how her recent actions led Sung Jae to mistake her for being pregnant. 

"Because I went to the temple to pray for Ga Young, bought some baby stuff and visited her in the gynecologist, that's why you had such a big misunderstanding?! No wonder you said so many puzzling things to me last night." Soo Young laughed while misunderstood Sung Jae just sat there like his whole life is a lie. 

"Last time you thought that I was gonna drown myself in the sea, This time you thought i was pregnant. Hhahahahha, yah, I guess it's hard for you to cure your overthinking illness." 

".. Are you done yet?" Sung Jae spoke in defeat.

"Arasso --- arasso I'll stop talking! But hey, it's fine that you stalked me, but why didn't you ask me directly?!"

"People said not to ask or talk about pregnancy in the first 3 months or i'll offend the Goddess of Children!" he huffed, "Do you know what a huge effort I made to convince myself that I'm going to be a father?! Yah, I even signed you up for mom-to-be classes and bought lots of herbs to make stews for you!"

Soo Young smiled at the cutie in front of her, touched by his actions.

 "Yah do you even know that I stayed up all night last night... to read---- to read the rookie dad's manual book?! I never used to be like this! This is all your fault." the grumpy Sung Jae said.

"What... what has that gotta do with me?" Soo Young asked in confusion.

"It---it--it.. does!" he stuttered. "Since I knew that your parents left you when you were little.. and your boyfriend dumped you when you were about to start your own family.. I--- I-- don't know why.. but I just... worry about you, okay? Anyway this is all because of you!" he confessed grumpily with his eyebrows scrunched.

Soo Young looked at him and couldn't help but smile. "Arassso, arasso.." she took a seat beside him. "Now you know that it's all just a misunderstanding... Anyway, I have to thank you for accepting this imaginary baby. If you were how you used to be, you'd definitely tell me to abort the baby."

"Who are you to think that?" Sung Jae asked bitterly.

"Ofcourse! The baby is the product of it's parents love. But you don't even love me! How could you allow me to have your baby? But what's weird is that you did just the opposite... I can't figure out why either. Unless......"

Then it got silent all of the sudden.

"Unless I've fallen in love with you, right?" Sung Jae continued her sentence. "I-I... I'm not sure about that either.. But after that night at the resort..it's making me confused."

Soo Young laughed awkwardly, "Oh come on! I already left before you came into the room. I even wrote you a letter. Remember?!"

"Fine. Then what is this?" he then took out the button. "This is obviously from your shirt. I know you and Rose made some sort of deal that's why you both lied to me. Do you think i'm that gullible? Just because you went to the temple and went to a gynecologist I would think that you're pregnant? Yah Park Soo Young, I know that night, something happened between the both of us. I'm starting to have snippets of my memories back." he sighed, "I must've ripped this button off at some point when we were out of control."

Soo Young finally conceded that the button was indeed hers, but she had lost it before she left. Samantha kept eavesdropping on their conversation by the window, muttering that it's so boring that they can talk about a button for so long. 

Trying to change the topic and make the tense atmosphere lighter, Soo Young stated that she never thought he'd fantasize about her when he's drunk.