26

Sung Jae read the letter, and suddenly his emotions went downhill. 

He plopped himself on the chair, still quite intoxicated with all the beers he drank, and laughed at his ridiculous self.

"Yeah....go." he muttered hopelessly. "Everybody leaves me anyway." 

Soo Young looked at the defeated Sung Jae from the crook of the bathroom door and felt her heart hurt.

"Happiness is fake. The sadness is also fake.." Sung Jae scoffed. "Besides, no one has truly cared about me anyway. I'm always alone." he stated sadly as he proceeded to chug a miniature liquor down his throat.

"You said you won't let me be alone anymore... You said you'll share with me. Hah... share? then come out then! come out! where the hell are you?" he railed as he chugged another miniature bottle of whiskey down his throat.

That moment, the doorbell rang and Sung Jae quickly rushed to the door in hopes that it would be Soo Young. However, it was just the hotel manager with a delivery of the design specifications of the resort and a bottle of whiskey.

Soo Young took the opportunity to switch her place from the bathroom to the space beside the bed for better access to leave.

Upon seeing that it was the manager, Sung Jae got sullen again, took the bottle of whiskey from him and turned back into his room. He sat on the bed chugging down the whiskey the manager brought while the manager proceeded to explain the design specifications of the resort.

"Aigoo Mr Yook, look at you, such a good bottle of whiskey and you're here drinking it yourself! You should've waited to share it with Mrs Yook!...... Uhhh... where is she anyway?"

"Don't talk to me about that woman! Don't worry, now it's just us two here. You. Drink with me!" he demanded the manager to do so, but the poor manager very comically thought that Sung Jae was coming on to him and nervously told him that he has a wife, and so does Sung Jae.

"My wife?" Sung Jae asked drunkenly. "WHERE'S MY WIFE!" 

"I... i.. don't know?" the poor manager awkwardly replied.

Sung Jae scoffed, "Of course you don't know! Because I don't know too!"

As Sung Jae's back was facing her now, Soo Young took the opportunity to crawl out the door. however, she realised that she left her bag below the bed and had to U-turn to get it back. She then hid behind the wall so he wouldn't see her. 

Sung Jae told the poor manager, "U KNOW! I just wanted to give her some comfort! give her some happiness! and then? she gave me a bunch of five lines for me to mark off!"

The manager was BEYOND confused and had no idea what Sung Jae was yapping about now. He just wanted to leave but was stranded by the drunken and weird Sung Jae.

"Hey hey hey Listen to me!!" he urged the manager. "There was noone like you! who got hurt and didn't care but instead was worrying about me! and kept giving me warmth and strength!"

"Uh... Mr Yook, I'm actually not that good as what you describe me to be." the manager exclaimed and chuckled shyly.

"ANIYA!!! NOT U! What I want to say is.. i want to tell the whole world. it's her. it's her. IT'S HER WHO LEFT ME IN THE END, PARK SOO YOUNG!" Sung Jae said, still with the bottle of whiskey in his hand. 

Soo Young heard him behind the wall and looked torn and helpless. Deep down, she actually wanted to be with him too, but she knew that she shouldn't.

"YAH! U KNOW, I REALLY HOPE I COULD BRING HER HAPPINESS. BUT IN THE END, IT'S HER WHO BROUGHT HAPPINESS TO ME! SHE WAS THE ONE WHO RETURNED ME MORE HAPPINESS! yah! DID U KNOW?"