27

In the middle of the night, Rose sneaked into Sung Jae and Soo Young's room. The paparazzi happened to be in the hallway and saw her getting into their room. He then decided to stake out and wait for the money shot.

The next morning, Sung Jae woke up and turned shyly and tentatively to talk to Soo Young...

"Um..... Yesterday..... ---- WHAT?!" Sung Jae sat up in shock when he saw the woman next to him turned around, and it was Rose. 

"Are you feeling better now, oppa?" Rose said shamelessly with a smile, trying to imply that she was the woman who spent the night with Sung Jae.

"How could it be you?!" he asked.

Sung Jae was very confused. 

"Besides me, who else could it be?" Rose flat out lied. "Last night... I took care of you the whole night. Don't you remember?"

"Wait... so last night we......" Sung Jae bafflingly asked.

"What do you think?"

Sung Jae ruffled his hair in distrust and got up to wear his clothes. "I... I only remember that when I came back last night, Soo Young left a note and left... and then, the manager came.. and it was all fuzzy."

He turned to look at Rose hesitantly, "If.. last night, we did anything inappropriate... then it never should've ever happened. I'm sorry."

"Oppa... why do you have to say it like that? After you went out yesterday, I couldn't find you anywhere..I was so worried.. But later, I came into your room, and realized that you were so drunk. Look at your hand. You were so drunk, and you wouldn't let go of me." She said, while Sung Jae looked displeased and doubtful.

She continued, "Yah this Park Soo Young... she shouldn't have carelessly left you. If I had not come back sooner, I'm not sure what would've happened."

She then tried to hold Sung Jae's hand, but he uncomfortably sat down and told her that he was fine now and she can go. 

Rose tried her aegyos and told Sung Jae that she had time to think things through, that she knew what she did wrong and she could change for him.

However, Sung Jae thought back about what Soo Young said to him about finding happiness together. The person he was thinking about... was her. The person whom he want to share his happiness with, was her.

"You don't have to change for me anymore. Just do what you need and it'll be fine. But if you really want to love a guy like me, I'd be happy for you." Sung Jae said sarcastically.

Rose tried to pout and please Sung Jae, stating that they've never fought for so long and told him that he was just confused about Park Soo Young right now but she was the one who belonged to him completely. 

"It has nothing to do with Park Soo Young." Sung Jae said. " Why is it that until now, you still can't see where the problem lies?"

Rose stood up in anger and sadness, "Did you know? every time after we fight, I always thought we got more understanding of each other and became closer. But this time, I feel so distant and scared.... Is it because... you don't love me anymore?"

Sung Jae sighed and walked to the balcony, feeling troubled. 

"Oppa...." Rose walked to him and hung on his arm. "We've been together for so long..Even if our relationship wasn't very healthy and perfect.... that doesn't mean we can throw all of it at once.... you can't oppa!"

Sung Jae turned around to look at her. "I know that to ask you to accept this now, is a very difficult task for you. But I hope, we can be more mature. Give both of us more time, Give it some thought. Okay?"

Rose reluctantly nodded, while asking for confirmation that it was just a temporary separation. However, Sung Jae doesn't answer.

Rose sighed then turned around to leave, but stumbled a little. Sung Jae quickly supported her back up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.. perhaps I didn't sleep well last night, thats why I feel a bit anemic...." she stated.

Rose then got a call from the director asking her to go over her scripts so she had to leave. 

Her departure from Sung Jae's room, wearing her bathrobe, was captured by the paparazzi. She leaned in for a kiss, but Sung Jae immediately stepped back with a " pls step back" look on his face. The pictures snapped by the paparazzi doesn't clearly show Sung Jae's face.

After Rose left, Sung Jae sat down to sketch using the hotel's pencil. He thought about calling Soo Young, but ended up walking around the room and kicking things like a kid in frustration. 

He then came across a single button on the floor. He picked it up and looked at it curiously.