30

Sung Jae was surrounded by reporters and the media at his workplace, and was helped inside by his assistant Eun Kwang. He didn't know what was going on until he saw the news report. His boss didn't buy this scandal, since he was so lovey dovey with his new wife. 

Sung Jae then got a call from Rose telling him that she planned to reveal the truth to the public at the press conference. However, Sung Jae strongly disagreed. 

"You disagree?! didn't you hate me for not announcing our love in the past? Now that I want to announce it at the conference you don't want to?! why?!" Rose raged.

"But now it's not only between us. Park Soo Young has been pulled in. If we announce the fake marriage what's going to happen to her? How do you want her to live as a person in the future? Can you not be so selfish?"

"So you're worrying about Park Soo Young? Don't worry, the media's attention will only be on me. If you're still concerned, we can send her overseas for three months! Wait for the news to fade out and we can get her back. No one will remember what happened."

"What about you?" Sung Jae retaliated. "Even if you are not replaced, after the shooting is done everyone will take you as a liar. Do you think you have a way to continue in the acting industry?"

"Why can't I? There are so many actresses that became famous after acting in one movie. As long as I use this chance wisely---"

"What if you fail?" Sung Jae interrupted. "Aren't you scared of losing everything you've strived to get?"

"But oppa, right now i'm more scared of losing you! for myself, I chose to hide my love. when everyone asked, i always said you were just my friend. but yesterday when you said you wanted me to be your friend my heart hurt so much... Oppa. please just trust me once more, accompany me to the press conference, okay? I want to tell the whole world that me, Rose, has always only loved you, Yook Sung Jae."

Sung Jae didn't know what to say. 

"Rose-ah, I can trust you one more time.. but I don't think that by doing this, we could return to how we were in the past... and by doing this, you are destroying yourself." he said after awhile.

"Forget it. If you don't want to come with me, I'll still hold the conference. Regarding whether it will rebirth or destroy, we'll find out after the interview." she put down the phone.

Sung Jae tried calling back but she declined it, leaving Sung Jae troubled.

---

Rose was getting ready for the press conference when her agent called her and told her that the movie director was about to fire her. The director doesn't want Rose anymore, because the scandal painted Rose in the light of a third party. The movie image needed Rose to be a poor girl who got her heart broken, but then now with the scandal, no one will buy the image. 

Rose's agent also told her that her endorsement deals would also be terminated if she announces that she was involved with Yook Sung Jae. Min Ho was listening at the side and couldn't take it anymore. He walked up to Rose, took her hand and told her that he was going to attend the press conference with her.

--

The conference started and the media immediately bombarded Rose on why and how long has she been in a third party in Yook Sung Jae's marriage. 

"I'm not a third party." Rose spoke.

"Is that so? what about the pictures of you entering his hotel room? Can you explain that?" the paparazzi asked.

At that time, Sung Jae arrived, entering the press conference to hear what Rose has to say about the question. Soo Young also arrived moments after with the contract in her hands.