35.0| Bitter Lies

Thirty five
**********

I was counting the dreadful hours that I had to deal with school. Devon was the only person to keep me sane. My head was a complete chaos. Jacob's news, instead of fading away, went wild. It was the head line of every day. Everyone seemed too entertained and into the gossip people had spread.

To say that the gossips were crazy, is an understatement. People were actually investigating and coming out with wild ideas.

For example, one of the reasons of his murder was that he was into drugs. He owed someone and when he couldn't pay, he was given to the dogs to feed. I know, right. It's scandalous. And to say people actually believed in that gossip, is shit.

Another story was that after he drugged himself, he walked into the forest to suicide himself. His mother confirmed that it was an absurd idea and I second it. Although I knew nothing about the boy, doing drugs was the least I can extract from him.

Who knew how this news could affect everyone. It was like if each person was too compelled to stop thinking about it.

It happened Saturday, and every day felt like if I was in it, relieving every second. remember. A bottle of my worse nightmares came swarming out, ready to eat me alive.

If there was something I could ever change, was going to Seattle to start a new life.

*****
Dinner was over after Chloe's distraught appearance. She was crying her eyeballs out and the only one she asked that moment was for Maya. In a way, it hurt the way she said those words to me.

"Don't come close to me, Diana. This is very personal and the only one who can help is Maya." My heart broke at the words that lashed every piece of it.

I was certain, though, that she didn't mean it and that there was something going on. My dad dismissed himself from the drama, after he received an urgent call from Jacob's mother, leaving me with Devon.

He kissed my forehead as a way to soothe my chaotic brain. He knew me so well and was so sure the wheels in my brain were working too hard. He took my hands and walked us to the sofa where it was deadly silent. He didn't bother opening a conversation and I was thankful. My brain wasn't into conversation mode. We sat there like nothing was happening.

It felt like years when he said something, his eyes never leaving mine. It was so real and pure, it hurts to think.

"You look so beautiful." A smile broke on his lips as his fingers raked the strand of hair off my face.

" Thank you. " I pecked his lips.

And that's how our conversation started. He continued with this magical words that melted my inside into a chocolate puddle. Sweet and soft.

He told me about all the things he loves about me. The way I walk, the way I dress, talk, laugh and every little thing I least expected he would say. The way I sleep, the way I eat, stare at him and how beautiful, determined and sexy he finds me to be when I am thinking.

He showered me with words that nobody had ever done to me. When we kissed, it felt he was giving his all. But something was bothering me. It felt as if we both knew this was coming to an end. I couldn't find how, but it was like if our souls knew.

The way we touched and stared. How our eyes met, saying the unsaid.

All of this made my inside shudder and tremble. I was unconsciously crying and it scared me.

Neither my dad came back, nor Maya or Chloe. Every one was taking a lot of time, giving the privacy to both of us. Destiny was planning a twisted faith, but at the same time being so gentle by giving us the last minutes together.