|Preface

Scroll more if you want to skip this Author's note but I hope you don't. I promise to not bother you with any more --well, I hope I won't.

This is an edited version. Not grammatically so I know I'll have some. I mean it more in a way as bugs fixed, or a better version. Something like 'Forbidden: Since First Sight 2.0 '

If you have any comments, please do so and I will forever owe you. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I don't mind translating comments if you speak any other language. In fact, I'll be happy to know there are people around that are reading.

THIS STORY IS NO CLICHÉ; NO ALPHA AND LUNA STUFF. THROUGHOUT THE CHAPTERS YOU WILL LEARN THAT THERE WILL NOT ONLY BE WOLVES PARTICIPATING BUT ALSO VAMPIRES AND WITCHES SO I RECOMMEND TO BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS AND HOLD ON TIGHT THROUGH THIS ROLLERCOASTER.

||||| I recommend you to listen to the tracks I placed up there. I like them cause they are exactly what I hear in my head when I am writing the chapters. 

||||| If you are searching for a perfect book, let me tell you this isn't. However; don't let it discourage you. I promise you will love it because I am placing all love in this.

°°°°°°°°°°

I was trying so hard to get some air for dear life, but nothing came. My mind raced through the maze in my head in search of an escape. It was either fight or flight, but at the moment it was not an option. I felt like the little pig trapped in my house, waiting and praying so hard for the wolf to stop blowing my horribly made shelter.

My throat was completely dry and the more I tried to swallow, the less oxygen I seemed to take in.

I imagined Billy crouching to pull me from my hiding spot, just like he always does when he finds me, as he holds his laugh to not make me feel embarrassed. I had this special gift right under my sleeve, ready to come out and get me into deep trouble — getting lost even with a map.

However, for Diana, myself obviously, it never ceases to stop. Despite anything, being curious always got me into trouble, and I never got the chance to learn before I was back to square one.

My heart was pounding loud in my rib cage, shouting in my ears to be freed. I was extremely terrified and I didn't know what to do. Not this time. Getting lost is totally different from being cornered and threatened to be killed with no weapons other than fangs.

Sweet.

Sometimes, I was surprised of myself. Not even death was that scary for me. What was worrying enough is that I didn't had the opportunity to say good bye. Selfless, I know.

Devon popped into my mind. I wanted to cry so hard for one reason only - for not expressing my feelings towards him. Not that it wasn't obvious, but now I was convinced of the exact feeling. I loved him and my heart squeezed for not realizing it earlier. I wished from the bottom of my heart, to tell him exactly how I felt.

My eyes fixed on the animal in front of me. Even though it was a few meters away, his presence felt close. Intimidating, like Devon, but at the same time more ferocious. Like he could do anything to me right now. Not that it wasn't a fact.

My adrenaline was rushing through my body, strangling the last breath out. I was so scared to even breathe and tempt it to kill me now. I've always dreamt of a fast death with no suffering included, but while staring at its eyes, I found it interesting like a crystal ball. I could predict it was more pleasurable to make me undergo pain..

The image of my dad came next. His broken face. What would he say when he learns that I walked into the wolf's mouth? So disappointing. It hurt so much to think about my own death without having the opportunity to say goodbye. I let him down.

My feet crushed the sticks beneath my boots, causing me to fall on my bottom. Its growl, although low, terrorized every inch of my body. I dragged my weak self with both elbows, despite I knew it wasn't going to help. I wouldn't die without a fight, I tried to tell myself.

Run Diana, I insisted, arguing with my brain to react, but I found no strength to move, like I couldn't find myself to breathe. Even my survival instincts were block.

Devon I love you, I repeated in my head. Although the words felt foreign to me, my heart felt satisfied.

Its black eyes threatened to rip me apart. It was clearer; I swear I could smell, hell, even touch and taste, the hunger and the satisfaction it would bring to kill me. The prediction became clearer as it approach me.

How could something this beautiful be so dangerous?

Why did it remind me of Devon?

My head hit a rock, limiting once and for all my options to run. It was a dead end. "Devon, I love you," I whispered closing my eyes welcoming death with a new level of acceptance.

It let out another growl as it sauntered, caging me on the ground, both our eyes meeting each other. Closer it was bigger. Its eyes seemed to hold a longing and soft sight, assuring me nothing but care and protection.

I don't know what scared me more. Him or his beauty. His fangs or his howl. His face and size or his eyes and color.

Like a magnet, I was forced to look into its hues. It was empty and cold for a moment before it turned into the most beautiful eyes I've ever met. Devon, my heart whispered.

Slowly, the fangs dwindled. His eyes raked along my body studying every single part without missing any and his distorted face became something to melt for.

It's as if we were connected. The same way his rage deteriorated, my panic faded. I was utterly confused.

What just happened?

I decided to keep my mouth shut. Probably it felt sorry for the meal. Normally, the prey would be screaming slash begging to not be killed.  On the other hand, my voice box was absent.

Moreover, a warm, inexplicable feeling spread over my body. Devon, my heart whispered. I shook my head to erase the thought.

Its eyes immediately fell to my necklace; the necklace Chloe had given me as a 'late birthday present'. He eyed it carefully then jumped backwards like if I was suddenly burning into flames. I took it as a sign to stand up and get ready to run for my dear life. Even to write a goodbye note on a tree trunk. Gladly, my flight instinct kicked in this time.

I took the pendant between my hand, suddenly debating whether I should go, or serve my self voluntarily as a meal, but before I was given enough time to process my thoughts he was gone.

He howled as loud as he could. Not even the nocturnal animals made any noise, fearing the almighty. It was so loud, I covered my ears afraid to bleed out and not be able to make it out to my classmates.

The silence gave me chills. Even that was more spine-chilling than the sight I had minutes ago. It was like a night in halloween where everything went mute and you were just waiting for Satan himself to appear.

I sat frozen — clueless of what just happened in this mountain. He was no where to be found, disappearing like a dream ghost right in front of me.