Epilogue

Epilogue

"Melody, you know you shouldnt be doing this-" Severus Snape warned, hanging his coat upon a stand by the door and entering the firey warmth of the kitchen, heated by the quietly crackling hearth in the corner. Melody sighed and leant her elbows on the kitchen table, burrying her face in her hands and sighing exasperatedly.

"I know, Severus. But she is my mother and she has a right to know." Snape scowled, pouring himself a small scotch and settling into a chair by the hearth, the daily prophet resting in his lap.

"She stopped having a right to know when she disowned you, Melody-"

"She didn't disown me exactly..." Snape raised an eyebrow, nursing the scotch in his hands as his eyes scanned the headlines quickly.

"I do admire the way that you ignore facts that dont fit into your perfect world." He said bitterly, causing her to huff and pull herself away from the table, slamming cupboards and rattling draws as she slammed bowls and plates onto the work surface.

"Dont be so facetious, you know I'm not ignoring it." She grumbled, tying her hair up into a messy bun as he sniggered. "And don't laugh at me. My mother has not disowned me, she is just very, very, very-" She paused to take a breath "-Very, very, very dissappointed in me."

"That's a lot of verys." Snape remarked, black hair hanging limply in front of his eyes as he effortlessly turned the page of his paper without lifting a finger.

"What can I say? We Weasleys excell at what we pursue. For my mother that happens to be getting mad with her children."

"Molly isnt that bad. Besides, had you done as she asked like any normal child would then tecnhically she wouldn't be mad at you in the first place." Snape was jolted out of his reading when a tea towel was launched at his head and landed noisily on his paper. "Do you mind? I was reading that."

"Serves you right for being such a git." Melody snapped, trying to measure out an exact quantity of flour and failing miserably. "If I had done as she had asked, like any normal child," She continued, giving up on her precise measuring and just pouring the whole bag into the mixing bowl. "Then I wouldn't be with you, would I?"

Severus Snape snorted, folding his paper and placing it upon the coffee table at his feet. Pulling himself out of his chair he strode over to her, eyebrow raised once more at her look of disdain.

"Unless that is so awful for you."

"You do have a tendency to overreact. I noticed that in you even as a student." Melody frowned and Severus wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him. "If you believe that your mother should know then I will not stop you. I will, however, not be interested to hear your qualms should your mother not be best pleased with the news."

"Severus-"

"Melody, let me finish. If your family want to include you once more then I shall accept it. Believe it or not, I liked Molly and Arthur. Your sibblings, perhaps less, but I shall do and act however you want me to."

"I know, Severus. I know you'll do anything for me. I just... I dont know how they'll react and I'm scared."

"I know, my love." He clasped her hands in his own and burried his face in her hair. "I won't let anything happen to you, Melody. You know that."

*~*~*~*

Melody Weasley grunted impatiently, waiting behind the counter of a particularly musty establishment in Diagon Alley. The airy witch before her was still fumbling to open the register on the desk as Melody jangled a purse of heavy coins in discontent. The witch finally stopped her clumsy fiddling as the register popped open with a cheerful ping and she input the price onto the outdated machinery.