Chapter Seven - Brotherly Love

Chapter Seven

"Eugh. It looks like they're eating each other's faces!" Ron wrinkled his nose with disgust as Hermione slapped him on the arm for being so tactless.

"Ronald! You didn't seem to mind Melody being with Oliver a few weeks ago." Ron furrowed his eyebrows, looked at the interlocked pair then scowled at Hermione.

"Well, that's different, isn't it? They weren't actually together then. And you have to admit, it is kind of disgusting."

"I think it's rather cute. Harry, what do you think?" Harry was jerked out of his reading and he stared blankly at Hermione who sighed exasperatedly and turned to face Ron who was once again entranced by his younger sister locking lips with Oliver Wood.

"But it's wrong! He's four years older than her!" He cried indignantly, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring daggers into Oliver's busy head.

"You're only saying that because she's your sister." She snapped huffily before walking away, becoming engrossed with shouting at an overly roudy group of third-years.

"It's still disgusting. I'm going to stop it-"

"Ron, don't." Harry warned, holding his friend back as he struggled to get free.

"Gerrof me Harry! Hermione! Get him off me!" Hermione came stomping back, gave him a small snort before pushing him into a chair.

"Stay there. You're not interrupting them-"

"But Hermione! He's got his hands all over her!" This was true but Hermione chose to ignore it.

"Leave it Ron. Why don't we talk about something else, take your mind off it." She slipped onto the arm of his chair, Harry on the other, and held his arm to stop him from getting up. Ron growled incoherently under his breath and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"It's not going to work." He mumbled and Harry had to secretly agree. It is quite hard to forget when someone you're that close to is currently snogging a previous Quidditch Captain on the other side of the room.

"I know! Lets talk about Quidditch. You like quidditch, don't you Ron?" Ron muttered something along the lines of understatement. "Like why Crabbe... or was it Goyle?" She shook her head before continuing. "Anyway, why one of Malfoy's cronies was allowed to knock Melody off his broom-"

"Because he's a rotten Deatheater and the referee was too scared off him to tell him off." Harry interjected and Hermione clucked her tongue aggrievedly.

"Malfoy isn't a deatheater and no matter how many times you say that Harry, it's not going to change my mind, besides, the Referee was Snape. Snape isn't scared of anyone-"

"But," It was Ron's turn to interrupt and deep down Hermione was happy that he was distracted. "Snape would want Slytherin to win anyway. Either that or he was too busy trying to play the dashing hero by rescuing Melody." The pillow Melody lobbed narrowly missed Ron's head when she heard him talking about her before she quickly resumed her passionate activity.

"He was the referee, it is kind of his job to see when anyone is in danger-"

"-To see if they're in danger, yes, but not to save them. Sometimes I wonder if he's got some obsession with Melody. Like how it's always her that gets in trouble, more than us anyway, and she's constantly in detention for things she didn't even do."

"Now that you mention it, it does seem a little odd, doesn't it?" Hermione pressed a finger to her lips and contemplated the situation. "He punishes her for everything... Has anyone asked her what she does during detention?" Ron frowned at her before answering.