Chapter Thirty-Five - The truth, the realizations and the comfort

Chapter Thirty-Five

"Melody," Snape said softtly, reaching to pull the covers from over her head but she just tugged them tighter, still crying into the matress.

"Stay away from me!" She sobbed as he sighed, running his hands through his tossled blackhair as he closed his eyes.

"Melody, just listen-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed, crying angrily as tears snaked forcibly down her cheeks. Snape pinched the bridge of his nose, exhaling loudly for a moment before his eyes setttled on her cowering figure. Slowly, gently, he placed a hand ontop of her shudderingform, causing the shaking to stop. Melody sniffled loudly as he frowned.

"Melody, it's me. It's Severus-"

"LIAR!" Melody screamed, wrenching the bedcovers from herself and tumbling onto the other side of the bed, glaring at Snape with madly bedraggled hair sticking up all over her head, covering her tear stained face as she gripped the edge of the bed. "SEVERUS IS DEAD!" She spat as Snape's frown increased.

"He's not-"

"MY SEVERUS IS DEAD!" She shrieked, tugging angrily at her hair as she sunk to her knees, sobbing loudly whilst the tears poured violently from her eyes. "I watched him die!"

"I didn't die, Melody, I'm alive-"

"YOU'RE NOT SEVERUS!" She choked into her knees, shoulders shaking as he edged slowly around the corner of the bed towards her.

"Please, listen to me-"

"This is some sort of disgusting joke, isn't it?" She hissed, lifting up her head and glaring at him as he crouched beside her.

"I would never do that to you, you know that." He leant forwards, tantalisingly slowly lifting his hand until it tenderly brushed her cheek. She stared at him from beneath tear beaded eyelashes, blinking slowly until she frowned.

"I don't believe you." She breathed, stumbling upright as she pressed herself against the far wall, trying to be as far away from him as possible. He rose to his feet, expression oddly blank as he walked slowly towards her.

"I'm alive Melody, I'm here. Nagini didn't kill me, I had a second chance-"

"You're lying." She snarled, eyeing the distance between them warily as he continued to approach her until his breath was tickling her cheeks.

"I'm not lying!" He roared desperately and she froze, eyes wide with fear as she stared at him, unable to move.

"S-stay away from me!" She stuttered as he scowled. "Please! leave me alone!"

"Melody, for goodness sake, it's me! I'm alive! I didn't die! Why won't you believe me?" He begged as she tried to move away from him but found that she was trapped. Tears spilled over and began to dribble down her cheeks as she tried again and again to push him away.

"Let me go! Please, let me go!" She screamed as he gritted his teeth.

"No." He snapped. "Not until you believe it's me!"

"I can't! Severus is dead! The man I love is dead! You're a sick, twisted bastard for trying to trick me." She growled as his eyes narrowed. "I'll scream if you don't let me go, you know I will." She hissed as his chest rose and fell quickly, pulse quickening.

He went to move away and just as she ducked under his arm he grabbed her, pressing her against the wall as he moved his lips ontop of hers. Their mouths collided and within a split second her contempt ebbed away. Her tears brushed his skin and as he moved away she clung desperately to his chest, pulling him back so their tongues met once more.