Chapter Thirteen - Detention and Dumbledore's intervention

Chapter Thirteen

"Weasley! Stay behind, I want a word with you about your uniform." Snape drawled as he glared at the red-haired girl, lip curling unpleasantly. She scowled at him, watched as her friends left the room with sorry looks, and slammed the door shut.

"What about my uniform, Professor?" She snapped, stepping closer to the desk behind which he was situated. She checked to see that her friends were properly gone before returning her lazy gaze to a now smirking Snape.

"It's innapropriate, Miss Weasley." He sneered and her scowl deepened as she leant against the desk, hands planted firmly on the surface as he leaned back in his chair and surveyed her with disdain.

"How so, Sir?" She asked, pushing stationary aside so she could perch on the desk with her back to him, folding one leg over the other causing her skirt to rise higher.

"Well, for one thing your skirt is far too short..." His fingers trailed across her exposed thigh as she pursed her lips.

"Anything else?" She span round on the desk so that she was side on to Snape who was now standing, one eyebrow quirked as his eyes feasted upon her voluptuous body.

"You're shirt is far too revealing..." He glanced at her almost see through white shirt with the top buttons undone and before he could stop himself his hands were slipping the remaining buttons through the holes and stroking the bare skin beneath. He slid around the side of the desk so they were facing each other and she smirked evilly, pushing herself backwards so she was as far away from him as possible.

"What're you going to do Professor?" She asked as he leapt across the desk, grabbed her by the ankles and dragged her towards him so that her hips were pressed against his as he crept onto the desk, directly on top of her. She leant upwards and wrapped her arms around his neck as he slipped the shirt from over her shoulders.

"I'm sure I can think of something." He growled as she laughed seductively in his ear, bringing her legs up and around his waist. Their lips had just met when there was a knock at the door. The repetitive rapping sound of knuckles on wood caused their eyes to open abruptly and they stared ateach other for one terrified moment before he rolled off her.

Snape straightened his robes and made sure there was no lipstick on his face as Melody ducked beneath the desk, pulling her skirt lower upon her thighs and doing up the buttons of her shirt. She was only just hidden in time as the door clicked softly open and in strode Dumbledore.

"Ah, Severus." The graying headmaster exclaimed cheerfully, adjusting the half-moon spectacles upon his crooked nose as Snape scowled. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Was it just her imagination, or did his icy blue eyes hover over the desk for too long as they swept the room.

"Not at all, Headmaster." He said rather sternly, smoothing down a section of his hair he knew had been messed up by Melody's roaming hands.

"Excellent, now, I wanted to discuss your relationship with Miss Weasley." Had Snape been drinking at the time then it was sure to have been all over the floor. His eyes widened as he gawped incredulously at the somewhat unnervingly calm Professor standing before him.

"E-E-Excuse me?" He managed to stutter before regaining his composure. "I don't know what you are talking about-"

"Oh come now, Severus, you don't surely think you can hide things from me?" Dumbledore perched on the edge of one of the workbenches and smiled knowingly at a flustered Snape getting redder by the second.

"How did you find out?" The man said nothing, merely raised an eyebrow as his gaze drifted over to where Melody was crawling out from under the desk. "HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?"

"Intuition and a little bit of guesswork I'm afraid. If you hadn't so kindly admitted it just now, then I could have been completely wrong." He beamed at Melody who stumbled over to him, mouth opening and closing as she fought for the words that could put this bizarre situation right.

"Headmaster, it's not what it looks like! Professor Snape was merely helping me-"

"Miss Weasley, there is no reason to lie or to be ashamed. I have nothing against your relationship, although the fact that you are underage could be a bit of an issue, we shall have to see what the future brings."

"You-you-you don't mind?" Melody repeated, frowning incredulously as she glanced from an incredibly bemused Snape to an amused Dumbledore.

"Of course not, my dear. Althought, I can't guess what your mother and father would say about this little prediciment-"

"This-" Snape spat, eyes narrowing. "Is not a 'little predicament' as you so lightly put it. This is huge! My job, my professionallity is on the line! Not to mention my reputation, my credibility, my pride-"

"Hush Severus, you worry too much. None of those things will be damaged as this will be kept between us until the time is right for your relationship to be exposed." He sighed as Snape bowed his head slightly. "But, in the time being, I ask you to refrain from being so obvious. I thought you knew better of the art of espionage than to go fooling around on top of desks in the classroom."

Melody felt her cheeks burn as her and Snape exchanged a guilty glance. She noted that he too looked a little coloured as they both turned back to Dumbledore.

"Now, if that is all." He waited for them to speak but the silence was so loud it was almost deafening. "Then I shall go. I have a date with some sherbet lemons Minerva so kindly brought me. Good evening to you both." He swept away, rich emerald robes sparkling in the sparse candlelight.

When the door closed with a soft sigh, Snape barely had time to register what had just happened when he was thrown bodily onto one of the small student desks and she jumped on top of him, lips pressed desperately down his neck as she breathed huskily, hands beginning to explore beneath his robes as he held her firmly in place.

"That was too close." She murmured and he smirked into her eager kisses, just glad that Dumbledore wasn't punishing him, or even worse, her.

She left the room somewhat giddy, trying to smooth out her hair and crumpled clothing as she neatened up the rugged lipstick stains smudged across her lips. She knew she had to become somewhat more sombre before she re-entered the common room, but when she stormed in acting angry Ginny gave her a knowing smile and a wink before slinking off to her dormitory.