Chapter 27

Nicole's POV:

On waking up I opened my eyes in a flash, the blurriness of the room captivating me whilst I looked around at all of my surroundings in the room I was in. But only to come to terms with the fact I was in a hospital bed, all different tubed connected onto my body whilst a state of confusion came over me. So many unanswered questions flood through my mind due to the reason of my whereabouts and more importantly; how the hell I got here in the first place. I could not seem to fathom any answers within my mind, it was a bank, the only thing which I can remember being back at Mesut’s whenever that was. But still, that does not recover all of my confusion, if anything it makes matters worse for me in not being able to remember.

Letting out a grumble as I moved my body slightly I felt pain, feeling as if I had been in some sort of a severe car accident due to my achy arms and legs. But that was not the thing which shocked me the most, oh no, the thing I was never to be expecting was right before my very own eyes. Cristiano, sat there on the chair beside me with concerned looking eyes as well as a smile upon those lips in which he owns. At first I thought all of this was a dream, well more like a nightmare from being tied up in hospital, but the second I blinked and realised that my ex-boyfriend – and love of my life, was still there, it all became so to me. But still, not by any means did it counter for the confusion within me. As all of it continued building up severely.

“W-why am I here?” Speaking in a rather low and weak voice without knowing I looked over to my side at Cristiano, noticing that very same small smile upon his lips still. Perhaps it may have a little to do with the fact that for whatever reason I am here for that I am now ok, but then again I could be reading into things too much. I mean why would he care? Sure after all he is my ex-boyfriend but that does not have anything to do with the matter, not after all in which I put him through. You know, with the whole Fabio thing which I have moped about over the past few weeks. “I don’t understand…I-I don’t know why I’m here.” The vague sort of sound to the machine beside me overtaking the room in silence as I waited for Cristiano.

Sighing evidently he adjusted the hat he had on his head, sitting back slightly on the chair in which was situated just beside my bed. But not by any means did he look away from me, his eyes stayed glued towards me with a sense of relief vaguely to be seen within. “Do you not remember a thing Nicole?” To which with a struggle due to the headache I was still now to be experiencing, I shook my head in answer. “Well…let me start from the beginning. After I took Junior to the park yesterday I decided to stop by at Mesut’s and see him, but instead of seeing him there I found you. You were in the kitchen completely out cold from the amount of alcohol you’d had, I don’t know how much it was but you had an empty bottle of vodka.”

As those words came from Cristiano’s lips my eyes turned wide, sitting up as careful as I was able to on the bed due to the pain and aches flooding through me over whatever the events were in which I was forced through. The longer in which I thought about it the more that the thought of the alcohol became clearer to me as I distinctly then all of a sudden remembered being dragged into the state of alcohol to numb my pain of Cristiano, but everything after all of that is a blur to me. I cannot remember a thing, just drinking that bottle of vodka in which Cristiano was talking about it. And now here I am waking up wondering what has happened.

“I had no over choice but to call you an ambulance to take you here, I was so worried about you I don’t think you understand.” Resting his elbows on his knees Cristiano looked up at me with concerned eyes, holding his head in my hands with a breath of air escaping out of that gap in between his lips. “I followed behind the ambulance as soon as I had called Sergio and explained the situation so he could take Junior for the night, it turns out you’d had far much more alcohol than your body could handle. You had to get your stomach pumped, but now you’re fine. Just the small duration of recovery stage from all that’s happened.” Speaking in a soft voice he ran his hands over his face before looking at me again. “I worried about you.”