Chapter 11

Nicole’s POV:

I froze on the spot as I watched Cristiano drive away in his car. No movement in my body what so ever. I really do not know what came over, I just couldn’t move. As much as I wanted to, it just wouldn’t happen. I was just permanently stuck in this very same position. The only thing I was really capable of doing was breathing, and from what it seemed I was hardly even doing that. The thing that makes all of this so much worse is the fact that I know Cristiano, and when he is in a situation like this he can not control his anger.

Why do I always manage to get myself into these sorts of situations? Well I suppose this was just waiting to happen really, considering the fact that my current boyfriend and my ex are friends, playing in both the Real Madrid team and not forgetting the Portugal NT.

Throwing myself back into the sofa I let out a huge sigh. My mind was working double time, thinking of the worst possible scenario which could have happened or is happening right at this second. If Fabio would have just left his mouth shut and not told me about all of those feelings he still has for me then none of this would have even happened. But thinking as I’m thinking about it even more I’m starting to blame myself. Because if I wouldn’t have been such an idiot and actually gone to his house and spoke to him then really this wouldn’t have even started. Even just listening to Cristiano and believing him about Fabio’s intentions to break us up would have been the better option. But no, as per usual as I was stupid enough to not see the signs Cristiano could see.

Letting out a grunt of annoyance I got myself up from the sofa and walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. Taking a glass out of the cupboard I held it under the tap as the water filled the glass up. As soon as the glass was full I immediately removed it from the tap. I brought the glass up to my lips and took a big gulp of the water, the freezing sensation of it went down my throat until eventually my mouth was empty. And with that I made my way back into the living room.

Sitting back on the sofa, I placed the glass of water on the table beside me and took my phone out. I decided that the only reasonable thing I could do at this point was try to ring Cristiano and attempt to stop him from doing anything he would regret, so I got his number up on my phone and rang him, putting the phone to my ear.

After a couple of seconds of ringing him I heard the familiar sound of his phone. Looking around the living room I eventually came across it, his phone, on the far side of the table which my glass was on. So I immediately put the phone down and let out a sigh of frustration.

This is just my luck isn’t it, I explain everything to Cristiano. He storms out the house in anger and goes to Fabio’s, which in my opinion is the wrong move to make. And to make this whole situation all that much worse, he decides to leave his phone at home. What if there’s an emergency? Well this is actually an emergency so for god sake why hasn’t he taken his phone with him? He takes it everywhere he goes.

I was in need of someone to vent to at this point. Someone which wouldn’t storm out of the house in anger. Someone which would actually understand this whole situation from my perspective. So I began scrolling through the list of my contacts on my phone again, in hope of coming across someone. It was when I got down to the ‘M’ list on my phone. Mesut. I immediately got his number up and rang him, putting my phone to my ear:

‘Mes you know I wouldn’t have rang you if it wasn’t important. But can you come over…please?’

‘I’ll be over as quick as I can. See you soon.’

And with that I put the phone down as I heard Mesut’s line go dead. Throwing my phone across the sofa a little, I stood up from the sofa again, took the glass of water in my hand and made my way back into the kitchen.