Chapter 20

Nicole’s POV:

I stayed in the exact same position for a numerous amount of minutes – legs still wrapped around Fabio’s waist as he held me up whilst still feeling him inside of me. Feeling completely paralyzed from head to toe due to the shock of Cristiano standing on the other side of the shower door. And more importantly, to the fact that he had caught us…

No words physically able to process through my mind to then escape my lips. I didn’t know what to think or do over all of this. Pure shock upon me and it only increased the longer I stared directly into Cristiano’s eyes.

A look mixed with disappointment, hurt and anger filled his eyes. Yes, definitely anger. He honestly looked as if he was going to rip Fabio apart right there and then. I didn’t know how to act and for some reason getting down off of Fabio didn’t seem like the best of ideas at this moment.

So we all just stayed there, looking towards each other. Only shock and surprise covering Fabio and I whilst, as I said, anger building up inside of Cristiano.

I couldn’t believe what I was experiencing at this point. Cristiano was home… and seemingly surprising me with his release from hospital. But I’m sure that this wasn’t how he had planned for the surprise to end up, far from it if I’m entirely honest and truthful about it.

But then again I am to blame for all of this. No matter how hard I have tried I have just found myself going back for more and more with Fabio. That very first time we slept together a few nights ago was supposed to be nothing but a big mistake. But now this is the second time of having sex with him and it can no longer be a mistake. Now in my own opinion this is a choice even if I’m having a hard time admitting it. And no matter how hard I have fought against letting this happen again, it had. I really couldn’t be anymore disgusted and disappointed in myself if I tried.

I really am a bigger monster than first considered, aren’t I?

Eventually I decided that enough was enough. So with that I lowered myself off of Fabio so I was stood with both feet on the ground again. But before I even had the chance to let a single word escape from lips, Cristiano beat me to it.

“Neither of you answered me; what the fuck do you call this?!” He again repeated himself in anger. Pointing with one his crutches at both Fabio and I, standing body to body in the shower.

I found myself gulping in nerves, not know what to say back to him. It was all getting too much more me. The thought of me saying to Cristiano that nothing was ever going to happen between Fabio and I caused me to immediately feel worthless over this all. Not only had I gone behind his back and slept with Fabio, my ex, but I had also lied to him and lied to his face. God I feel awful.

“I-it’s n-not what you think.” I soon let stutter out of my mouth. But as soon as I did speak I realised just how much of an idiot I sounded. Of course this is what it looks like; yes Fabio and I were having sex in the shower. But no matter how real all of this seemed I just didn’t want to believe that any of it was happened. I wanted it all to be a nightmare, not reality. But unfortunately that wasn’t the case as no matter how hard it was for me to admit, this was really happening. And Cristiano had in fact caught us.

As soon as I spoke I noticed Cristiano’s facial features change from in front of me. Instead of the look mixed with disappointment, anger and hurt, they soon changed to disbelief. However, still he had the anger and hurt look to him. “This isn’t what it looks like?” He let out in shock, shaking his head at the words which had just escaped my lips. “Nicole, this is everything that it looks like. You two… were fucking in the shower!” Once again, he pointed at both Fabio and I with one of hic crutches, balancing for support on the other whilst doing so.