Chapter Twenty Five

Okay... first of all, I'm am SO sorry for this late update! This past month has been busy! I visited an old college friend for a week and then the Olympics started and so I got distracted by that then my computer started acting weird and on top of all that, I got writer’s block. I do not like this chapter AT ALL, but I figured I needed to give you guys something. This does have some good background information about Tristan and Christophe though and more information about Abigail and who she is.

Second of all, over 135,000 views?! HOLY CRAP. I look at that number and watch it grow every day and I am just in shock that it has that many reads (and growing)! Once again, thank you for the reads, comments and fans. And, thanks for everyone who added this story to their library! I am so thankful for it all! You guys all rock! :)

Song Choice: Cold by Crossfade

I woke up slowly. Not wanting to leave dream world and enter back into reality because at least in my dreams I could pretend that none of the crap I had been through had actually happened. I wanted to go back to sleep, but consciousness was pulling on me, forcing me to wake up, but I refused to open my eyes just yet. I very clearly remembered what happened before I had fallen asleep the night before and I would rather forget.

I couldn't believe I had broken down like that. I prided myself in not being much of a crier. I had always dealt with things by getting angry with them, but finding out about my father was really the last straw for me. A girl could take so much crap before she just caved and broke down into tears. The fact that I had broken down in front of Tristan just made everything worse. I hated showing weakness, but to show it in front of him was just much worse.

It took the sound of Tristan's voice as he muttered my name to fully wake up and realize where I was and who I was currently snuggled up against. I could feel his arms wrapped around me and once I had woken up a little more I realized that my head was buried in his chest. The vain hope that I was imagining this was shattered when I opened my eyes to see just what I had suspected. Tristan's arms were wrapped around me which pretty much meant I was unable to move much. He was also leaning up against the headboard and I was currently using his chest as a pillow.

I glared up at him.

"Good evening," at my questioning look, he explained, "You slept all day, Jessica. At least fifteen hours. It's nearly eight o'clock."

I jerked out of his grip and I was surprised when he actually let me go. I watched him warily as I crawled as far away from him as I could get without actually getting off the bed.

"After what my brother did to you, I'm surprised to see you awake so soon. I thought you would be out for at least a full day."

"And, what would you know about what he did to me?" I asked.

"I know he ripped your nails off," he grabbed one of my hands and caressed each finger, "I know he cut you up with a knife, both on your back and on your chest," he pulled against my hand and against my better judgment, I let him, "I know he played doctor on your body," I smacked his hand away when he tried to trace his hand down my chest, between my breasts.

"Don't you dare touch me there, asshole." I spat.

He surprisingly dropped his hand and let it rest on my other hand, "And most importantly, I know that he raped you."

I closed my eyes, not liking the reminder of that, "How the hell do you know about all of that?" I asked. I didn't remember telling him any of what Christophe had done to me and I was pretty sure I don't talk in my sleep.

"I can visit you in your dreams, Jessica," he explained, "You were screaming and crying in your sleep. You got so hysterical that I really had no choice but to go in and see what the hell you were dreaming about."