Chapter Seventeen

Once again, thanks for all the comments, votes and fans! :) I appreciate it! I am still open to song suggestions if anyone has any! I don't like using anything to do with Twilight for this story, but I honestly think that the song "Decode" by Paramore describes Jessica pretty well.

Song Choice: Decode by Paramore

The morning sun peeking through a gap in the curtains was the only indication that I was now awake.

One glance at the clock revealed that it was a little past eight in the morning.

I lay there for a while; trying to calm down from the dream that Tristan had so graciously given to me.

Even if it had been a dream, everything had felt so real. The touching and the kissing, but especially the kissing; my body was still warm and my lips still tingled from the kiss we had shared. Even in my dreams he was a good kisser. Damn him.

Even though I was still tired, I went ahead and got up anyway since I didn't want to attempt to go to sleep for fear that Tristan would be in it again. Even though he should be dead to the world (literally) since the sun was up, previous experience had told me that he didn't really follow the pattern of dying right when the sun came up and staying that way until the sun went down.

He wasn't right about the gun incident. I only missed because I fired before I could move the gun to strike the killing shot. My finger had jerked almost on its own accord, so I had no time to shift the gun.

Well, that was the story and I was sticking to it.

"Come back to me, Jessica, you know you want to."

I shivered as I remembered his words spoken when his mouth was only inches from mine.

I didn't want to go back to him; even the pure thought of being in his presence made me sick. Well, maybe not sick exactly; maybe more uncomfortable than sick. The way he could make me hate him one second and then have me question that feeling towards him five minute later was what made me uncomfortable; not to mention, extremely pissed off as well. He had kidnapped, raped and tortured me... I should be feeling nothing but hate towards him; I should not be questioning my feelings towards him because they shouldn't be changing.

He had this gleam in eyes that clearly told me he knew what he was doing to me and that he liked it.

Bastard.

Made me want to go back to sleep just to smack him.

I resisted the urge on account of the fact that if I did that I would probably not slap him and instead want to make out with him again.

The sound of laughter made me jerk out of bed; glancing around the quickly brightening room I realized that I was alone which meant that the chuckle was coming from my head and that could mean it only belonged to one person.

'Get the hell out of my head, you asshole.' I thought, 'shouldn't you be dead to the world like the rest of your kind?'

'I don't have such restraints as the rest of my kind, Jessica,' His voice was soft and I shivered from the feeling of hearing his voice in my head brought, it was a little erotic, but I would be damned before I let him know that 'So, I can stay in your head all day long.'

'I would rather you not, jerk'

I tried to shut him out of my mind, but since I didn't know how to do that my attempts were very unsuccessful.

'You can't get rid of me, Jessica. I'll be in your head until you come back to me or until I find you , whatever comes first. '

Want to bet, asshole? I thought angrily, it was hard to sound angry in my head, 'I know a way to get you the hell out of here. The witches have something to get you out of my head.'