Chapter Nineteen

A/N: So... I got some VERY interesting guesses as to who the mystery person was... some people said Annabelle which surprised me because I clearly wrote 'male voice' as a hint that it was a male. Several of you did guess correctly though. :)

Once again, thanks for all the comments and votes! It means so much to me to see so many people enjoying this story! :)

Song Choice: Haunted by Kelly Clarkson

I didn’t even have time to run before Alexander was on top of me; his knee digging painfully into my stomach and his hand gripping my neck in a vise like hold. His grip was so tight that I thought he might crush my windpipe. It wasn’t tight enough to do that, but it was tight enough to make it hard for me to breath.

 I heard gunshots from inside the house. One was so close to the door that I jerked slightly at the loud bang. It was followed by a long series of gunshots with some screaming thrown in.  

 Alexander cocked his head to the side and listened for a moment, “That should be the humans destroying themselves like they were told. I would reward them for following orders, but I don’t think they’ll be anything left to reward when they get done.”

 I glared at him and tried to curse at him, but his hand squeezing my neck prevented anything coherent from leaving my mouth.

 He loosened his hold on my neck, “What was that, Jessica?” he asked.

 “You sick bastard,” I spat, trying to dislodge his legs from my chest, but he had at least a hundred pounds on me and didn’t budge. “You’re such a fucking –”

 My words were cut off when his grip tightened and I could no longer form words. I was too busy trying to breathe.

 “That’s enough from you, Jessica,” he growled.

 I just glared at him as he called for a gag and shoved a piece of cloth in my mouth and tied it in the back when it was handed to him by Jacob who I noticed for the first time was standing off to the side watching us.

 He jerked the knot and the action pulled on my hair at the nape of my neck; I winced at the pain. He smirked at me, “That’s better; I like it better when you can’t talk. I look forward to seeing what other things your mouth can do besides yell and curse incessantly.”

 The screaming and gunshots were still ringing inside the house and I tried not to wince when a particular shrill one rang out.

 I tried to curse at him through the gag, but nothing intelligible came out and he only chuckled at my attempts to yell at him, “I had planned to let you sit in the car with me for the long journey home, but if you’re going to be such a nuisance I might just make you lie in the trunk.”

 The idea of being closed into such a small space for a long period scared me. I wasn’t claustrophobic exactly, I just didn’t like small spaces all that much. His threat got me to shut up though; something that pleased him if the little triumphant smirk that passed over his face was any indication.

 “Are you ready to go, Alexander?” Jacob asked; speaking for the first time.

 “No, Jacob. We must stay to ensure everyone in the house is dead before we leave. You can wait in the car with her while I check the house,” he turned his head back towards me, “I’m going to get up off you, Jessica, and if you so much as breathe wrong, I will make you regret it. Understand?”

 I just glared at him. I couldn’t really say anything with the gag in my mouth, but I would have loved to tell him where he could go; which was straight to Hell.