Chapter 15

(Listen to 'say something' by A Great Big World)

The noise of raindrops violently falling on the car was the only thing the couple heard inside the vehicle they were in. Neither of them dared to break the awkward silence, they both created in the first place.

Jennie was intimated by her boyfriend's aura today, he wasn't the smiley and goofball Hanbin, today he built a cold and serious aura. She has never felt so awkward around him, since the first time they met.

The brunette has noticed the weird and strange behavior her boyfriend had from the past weeks and it worries her ever since but shrugged it off, thinking he was just tired and stressed because of their tight schedules. But today was different...

They were supposed to make happy moments that they could cherish their entire life, but it all went downhill the moment Hanbin showed up in front of Jennie's door. Head low, lips united and totally ignored his girlfriend's presence.

Jennie loves Hanbin so much, more than her entire life, she knew something was off and she has to know what it is that it's bothering her lover.

"We're here" the car stopped, right after a cold voice spoke.

Jennie looks at her left and saw the other singer spacing out, looking through the window, his eyes empty. Jennie lets out a low sigh seeing her lover in that state and the fact that Hanbin didn't even said bye or faced the brunette makes his lover sad and hurt.

"Honey..." Jennie calls softly, placing her small hands on top of Hanbin's but that didn't make him look at her. Instead he takes his hand off of Jennie's. "...i- i think we should talk"

"We should. I need to tell you something" Hanbin replied, finally facing his girlfriend.

Jennie felt nervous and anxious, she was so scared of what he could possibly say. Her hands shaking and her heart racing because of nervousness.

"What is it?" Jennie questions. But Hanbin didn't answer right away, instead he looks down and sighs. "Honey, you've been acting so strangely lately and it worries me so much..." Jennie sweetly said, placing her small hands on Hanbin's cheek, which caused the younger to look at her. "...i love you so much, honey. Please, tell me if something is bothering you"

"I'm so sorry, Jennie. But i don't think i can do this..." he spoke, almost like a whisper. Jennie didn't quite get what he wanted to say but she had an idea of it... she prayed that it wasn't what she was thinking. "...i need time for myself. Things aren't going good and you're just..."

He paused and looks through Jennie's cat-like-eyes. "I'm what, Hanbin?"

He didn't complete his sentence, it was as if he didn't want to say it, he was taken back. "I think we need a break, Jennie. My career is stressing me out and i have to take care of you and stuff... i can't take it"

Jennie's body went weak. The hand that was once placed on her boyfriend cheek, slowly falls down. "A- am i a burden to you? Do you mean i'm dragging you down?" Jennie's voice sounded vulnerable, her tears already showing in her cat-like-eyes and her lips trembling. She was in the verge of crying.

"No. I just can't do it anymore, Jennie..." because of frustration Hanbin brushed his hands on his face. "...i've been wanting to tell you this for weeks-"

"Wow." Jennie chuckled humorlessly. "You've been wanting to break up with me? Really?"

"I'm sorry, Jen. I- I didn't want to hurt you" this time he tried reaching for the woman's hands but she didn't let him.

"Don't touch me" Said Jennie, who has now tears flowing down her cheeks. "H- hanbin, you're throwing 3 years of relationship. D- don't you love me anymore?" She sobbed.