Chapter 28

Hanbin's POV

Three weeks has past.

I spent most of my days with Jennie, keeping her company and taking her to doctor's appointments for her ankle, and i could tell her getting more comfortable with my presence.

"Wait, let me help you" i said as i wrapped my arm around her waist and held her arm to give her support.

"I can do it, Hanbin. It doesn't hurt anymore." she said smiling. "I'm a big girl now"

I nodded and let go of her. "Alright, but don't force it, the doctor said-"

"I know, i know." she cut me off.

Jennie's ankle finally healed, so i decided to take her out for a date. This was my chance to show her i changed and i don't wanna blow it.

I opened the car's door for her. "Well, thank you prince charming" she joked, but gladly entered.

I ran to my side and entered the car. "I got you these, by the way." i said reaching from the backseat the bouquet i bought.

"Oh, Hanbin. They're beautiful, you didn't have to!" she complained.

I smiled. "This is our first date after all. I want to make it special."

"Thank you." she simply said.

I nodded and started the car, then drove off.

The drive was peaceful, too peaceful i may add, my focus was on the road but i could notice Jennie spacing out. I cleared my throat. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"Huh?" she shook her head.

"What are you thinking? You seem silent." i pointed out.

She faked a smile and looked out of the window. "It's nothing, i'm just tired" she poorly lied, fidgeting with her ring. A ring i hadn't bought her.

"I never noticed that ring" i said. "Who gave it to you?" i asked.

"Oh... um, i- bought it. uh- in.. in Paris. Yeah." she lied again. I mean, it'd be a good lie, but i knew better, she doesn't wear rings that much nor buys them. God, she sucks at lying. Lisa must of bought it.

I hummed avoiding the topic, seeing her uncomfortable and continued driving.

—————

"A park?" the singer furrowed her brow.

I nodded happily. "Yeah. Remember, we used to go on a bike date?"

"Oh!" her mouth went agape. "Yeah, i almost forgot" she giggled.

Almost forgot, huh? Ugh, Hanbin! Keep your composure. You can do this, we're here to remind her. 

I faked a laugh. "Anyway, let's go rent a bike" she nodded and walked to the shop.

As we walked, i gathered my courage and tried reaching for her hand, but as soon as our skin touched, she flinched. So, i just put my hands in my pocket.

"Oh, Jennie and Hanbin!" the owner greeted happily. "Long time no see. I heard the news, congratulations!" he said.

The brunette and i bowed. "Thank you, mr. Park!"

"Mr. Park, could we rent a bike?" i asked and the old man nodded.

"Actually, could we get two bikes?" Jennie butted in.

Two bikes?

I looked at her weirdly. "Why two? You can't ride a bike, hon." i said.

"I learned" she smiled. "I told you, i'm a big girl now, Hanbin" she laughed.