Chapter 27 (pt. 1)

Lisa's POV

There are two important things i learned in these past few months thanks to a certain brunette, Jennie. She has taught me that sulking and searching in the past will not bring me happiness and that it's okay to discover and experience new things, in order to move on.

Seoul started off with a happy beginning and ended with a painful goodbye... like a real tragedy.

I felt a slight vibration coming from my lower body, i reached inside my pocket and fished my phone. "Hey, man. The talk we had meant a lot to me and thank you for understanding, but i'm sorry we had to end like this. If we met in another life, i'm sure we'd be great friends" it was a message from Hanbin.

"This is for the better" i bitterly smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen, gate 18 for Bangkok is starting checking your boarding passes." they announced my gate.

I looked at the ticket, that Hanbin bought for me, between my hands. I was 100% sure and ready to leave this country, but something was stopping me. Unsure of what was stopping me though.

I should be happy, i'm going back home, but why am i feeling like this? Something wasn't right inside of me.  All my life, i lived in agony and misery, searching for someone that had left me...

That's right! All my life, i lived to look for someone and along this journey, i lost myself. I won't able to find myself by going back home, where it all started, i need to find myself.

My phone started ringing, i looked at the caller ID and saw my mom's. "Baby, are you boarding in? We're so excited to see you, what time are you arriving here?" she sounded so excited and i feel bad letting them down, but i have to.

"Hey, mom. I'm sorry... I won't make it"

"What? Why?" she asked disappointed.

I took a deep breath before answering. "I figured, i want to be happy. I want to find myself and i'm sure if i go back now, i won't be able to do that... i'm sorry, mom"

"Alright, baby..." she sighed, but i knew she was smiling from the other side of the phone. "...you know, your daddy and i always supported you and if you want to find yourself elsewhere, we will wait for your visit. We love you, baby."

My eyes started tearing up by her little speech, i let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes tightly, not letting a tear go. "Thank you, mom. I love you both very much."

"Me more" she sobbed. "Alright, hang up and go. Just don't forget to update us, okay?!" she scolded.

I chuckled and wiped my eyes. "Yes... I'll go then, love you" i said and she bid her goodbyes before i hanged up.

I wasted no more time and ran to the counter.  "Good evening, ma'am. A ticket to where?"

"The cheapest ticket for Europe"

——————

Jennie's POV

"Is this your final decision, Ruby Jane?" my manager. "Can't you think about it more? We need her for the tour, you can't fire her all of the sudden"

I sighed. "I made up my mind, oppa."

"Why? Did something happen between you two?" he asked, visibly concerned. "I'm sure you can fix it. Chaeyoung, a little back up here?" he asked, but my best friend was on my side.

I shook my head. "It can't be fixed, i have to sacrifice her so everything will be okay"

"Alright, i'll text her" he said disappointed.