You Tell Him About Your Past

Shaw

Shaw waited until later that night when you and him were sitting in bed before asking you about Keith.

Shaw-''Y/N, is your hand feeling better?''

You-''Yeah, thanks. It'll be fine.''

Shaw-''Good.''

You-''You probably want to know about Keith, huh?''

Shaw-''Yeah. Why are you so scared about him being here?''

You-''Well, you told me about Burke the same day I met him so, I guess it's my turn to tell you about my past.''

You took a deep breath as Shaw brushed your hair back.

You-''Keith is my ex-boyfriend. He was sweet and caring at first but then he became very controlling and possessive.''

Shaw-''Did he ever hit you?''

You-''No. He never laid a finger on me...he said he loved me too much to ever do that.''

Shaw was relieved.

You-''Obviously, I had to end things. When I told him it was over...he just left but then he started stalking me. I had a restraining order against him which he violated so many times and he ended up in jail.''

Shaw-''And that's how you got away from him.''

You-''He eventually realised that he would keep ending up in jail because of the restraining order. So, he ended up leaving the state and I never saw him again.''

You eyes filled with tears.

You-''And now he's back and I...''

You started crying.

Shaw-''Come here.''

Shaw wrapped his arms around you.

Shaw-''You know I'll protect you no matter what.''

You-''I know you will. It's just that Keith knows where I work and if he knows about you...then who knows what he might be up to?''

Shaw-''Alright, come with me to work tomorrow. That way I can keep an eye on you.''

You-''But what if you have to leave the precinct.''

Shaw-''You'll be surrounded by police officers and detectives. Keith won't do anything.''

You-''Thank you.''

Shaw-''Anything for you, sweetie.''

Shaw kissed you and held onto you.

Nick

Nick waited until both of you got home before asking you about Kevin.

Nick-''Honey, what happened back at the hospital? You were quiet the whole drive home.''

You-''Sorry. But when I heard Kevin's name...I freaked out.''

Nick-''Why?''

You-''Kevin is an ex-colleague of mine. We were great friends until I ended up getting him fired.''

Nick-''How did you get him fired?''

You and Nick sat down on the couch in the living room.

You-''I caught Kevin stealing drugs from the hospital. I had no choice but to report it. A few days later, my boss told me that Kevin had been stealing from the hospital for months.''

Nick-''That's insane.''

You-''He was stealing medication that our patients needed!''

You sighed.

You-''I never meant for him to get fired.''

Nick-''Honey, you did nothing wrong. He shouldn't have been stealing in the first place.''

You-''You know, the last thing he ever said to me was that I was going to pay for getting him fired.''

Nick wrapped his arms around you.

Nick-''Hey, I'm not going to allow Kevin to come near you.''

You-''Thank you.''

Nick held onto you.

Jake

Jake waited until both of you were home before asking about Alonzo. You and Jake sat down in the living room.

Jake-''You wanna tell me what's going on, sweetheart?''

You-''I'm sorry. I just can't believe he found me here.''

Jake-''What do you mean by that?''

You looked at Jake.

You-''Alonzo and I were very close.''

Jake-''He said you two were like brother and sister.''

You-''We were. I really felt like I had a big brother watching over me.''

Jake-''What changed?''

You-''Alonzo changed when he suddenly wanted to be more than friends. Then I wanted nothing to do with him.''

You sighed.

You-''He just started following me. Everywhere I went...he was there.''

Jake-''He started stalking you?''

You-''Yeah. That's why I came here. I managed to move away when he ended up in jail for a few months.''

Jake-''So, that was your opportunity to get away?''

You-''Pretty much. But now he's found me and I just...''

You started crying.

Jake-''Hey, he is not coming near you.''

You-''He knows where I work, Jake. He knows about you which means he has been watching us.''

You stood up and looked out the window.

You-''What if he's outside our house right now?!''

Jake stood up and turned you around to face him.

Jake-''Y/N, sweetheart...look at me. Alonzo is not out there and he is not going to lay one finger on you, ok?''

Jake wrapped his arms around you and you held onto him.

Jake-''I promise I'll protect you.''

You-''Thank you, Jake.''

Jake kissed your head as he held you tightly.