Chapter 35: Love will conquer

The stars are veiled, something stirs in the east . . . A sleepless malice.

The eye of the enemy is moving.

Legolas sat on the tree thinking about her, he scolded himself he promised himself he was not going to think about her but it was hard. Perhaps she was right, it was better for both of them to separate. Even though it was the right thing to do , somehow it felt wrong to him. It's not suppose to hurt like this he thought while placing his hand on his heart, why does it hurt to choose what's right?. It didn't matter to him that she was not like him anymore but clearly it did matter to her. What was confusing was that she seemed happy then suddenly she turned cold, he knew Ellaria and she would not do something so sudden like this.

He jumped down from the tree swiftly, he walked with no direction he wanted to be alone. He prepared his bow as he sensed someone drawing near. He quickly turned back aiming his bow, he dropped his weapon once he saw the familiar red hair.

''Tauriel, what brings you here?'' he asked

'' Nothing, I just wished to see you today'' she said

They began walking together in silence.

''I'm leaving today'' she suddenly said and Legolas nodded.

''Have a save trip back home mellon'' he said continued to walk, he stopped however when he realized that Tauriel had stop walking.

''Is that all? Have a safe trip, is that all you could say'' Legolas turned to her confused.

''I've traveled far for you, I fought for you. Everything I did for you and all you could say is have a safe trip!'' she said raising her voice.

''Is something wrong?''Legolas asked, Tauriel never reacted this way.

''You're a fool Legolas!, a fool all this time and you never knew. Ever since I met you, I loved you but you have never once acknowledge my feelings. I was there for you , I was there to comfort you when ever you had doubts. I cared for you and you still never returned my feelings, what does Ellaria have that I don't? She was never there for you, she's just a pathetic little mortal'' she spat bitterly.

''Do not ever talk about her in that way Tauriel! Don't forget she's the granddaughter of Galadriel, she’s superior than you'' he yelled, he never raised his voice to anyone but he will not let anyone talk about Ellaria in this type of manner.

''But it's true isn't it? She's weak, all I had to was beg her to go away and she did. She ran to her mother like a little child she was! I don't really see what you have seen in her, she's really not that special'' her eyes narrowed however when she realized she had revealed something to Legolas. She looked wide eyed at Legolas who's expression turned grim.

''You did what?!'' he barked angrily.

''I did it for you Legolas, I don't want you to get hurt'' Tauriel said emotionally.

''It's not your right to beg for me Tauriel, and you call Ellaria the weak one? Look at yourself, you're the one who's pathetic.'' he said walking away, he doesn't want to deal with her anymore.

Tauriel ran to him and embraced him from behind, she started sobbing hysterically.

''I'm so sorry Legolas, I love you so much. Please choose me , I will never hurt you or leave you like she did''

He tried to remove her gripped on him but she held unto him tighter.

''It's not me who thought of it, Lady Ester she was the one who told me to break you apart. Please , Legolas listen to me'' she pleaded.

He used all of his strength to push her away. ''You've disappointed me Tauriel , I will never believe what you will have to say. Leave now , I don't want to see your face ever again'' he said as he walked away. Tauriel dropped to the ground weeping endlessly but Legolas did not turn back.

When Legolas made his way back, everything was already in place. They were riding to aid Gondor, he walked back to his companions not uttering a single word. Aragorn looked at him concerned as did Gimli, but they decided to leave him at peace.

…....................................................................................................................................

'' That future is almost gone'' Elrond said quietly.

''But it is not lost …'' Arwen whispered.

''Nothing is certain.'' he said and Arwen took her father's face in her hands.

'' Some things are certain. If I leave him now I will regret It forever. Ada, it is time'' Elrond stood up and moved away from her, she stood up to comfort him but she fell on the floor. Elrond walked towards her and reached down to help his daughter.

''Your hands are cold. The life of the Eldar is leaving you. It has begun.'' he said distressed.

'' This was my choice. Ada ... Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence. Reforge the sword Ada''

“All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crown less again shall be king.”

Ellaria watched as elves reforge the sword, she looked as sparks fly from the metal.

Lord Elrond took the sword and Ellaria followed.

''I know what you wish, but I cannot take you with me.'' he said turning to her.

'' I have to go'' she said desperately.

''You want to go it is different, I will not be responsible for your well being'' he said refusing her.

''You can see the future my lord , you know I am going as I wish''

''Have you talked to your mother?'' he asked

''yes, she understood''

''understood is very different from approval'' he said as he touched the sword

''I am tired of hiding here not doing anything, let me make use of my life'' she said trying to persuade him.

'' That's not the only reason why you wanted to go back'' Ellaria looked down ashamed, he could see right through her.

Just once she wanted to see him, she might never see him again.

''I don't really have a choice , you are just like Arwen so stubborn'' he said as he smiled fondly at her, she really did remind him of Arwen.

''I'll carry the sword'' she volunteered, she knew it was heavy but it was the least she could do.

Ester watched as her daughter prepared to go, she did not approve not at all but she understood her feelings. She felt guilt seeing her grew thin and sleepless due to grief,she doesn't deserve pain. Her kind and innocent daughter, she thought she could protect her from the world.

She walked towards her and handed her another cloak.'' Ellaria, there is something you need to know'' she said.

''I know'' she whispered quietly.

''And I don't hate you for it, you did what you think is best. I am blessed to have you as my mother, you don't want me to get hurt and I understand'' she said smiling at her mother.

Ester walked and embraced her.'' Your father would be so proud of you''

she pulled away from her and took the necklace she knew Legolas gave to her daughter, she gently put it on her.

''Choose what your heart desire Ellaria, and I will stand by and support you. I was wrong , I don't have the right to get in between your love. True love is worth fighting for''