Chapter 4 Archery lesson

Ellaria woke up grumpy; Legolas had wakened her up early. She grumbles incoherent words while preparing herself to go outside, Legolas told her not to wear something fancy today and she wondered why.  When she finally stepped out of her room, she found Legolas already waiting for her .He was holding some arrows and two small bows.

‘’You’re late’’ he said while grabbing her arm and leading her outside.

‘’What are we doing now?’’ she asked but she already knew the answer, Legolas told her that he wanted her to learn how to defend herself.

‘’I am going to teach you how to use these’’ he said while holding up what he was holding and smiling at her. They finally stopped at what looks like a training ground where there was targets all over the area.

‘’ You woke me up for this? ‘’she exclaimed and Legolas smiled sheepishly.

‘’Yes, no one really goes here at this hour’’ he said

‘’I think I know why’’ she complained, the sun hasn’t risen yet but it was not completely dark.

‘’Oh come on, stop complaining you have to learn how to fight you know?’’ he said and Ellaria raised her eyebrows, her mother would never let her fight not even in a million years.

‘’ you are going to be the lady of Lothlorien and I am going to be the king of Mirkwood someday’’ he said as he puffed out his chest trying to look intimidating, Ellaria laughed he looked so adorable.

‘’Why are you laughing?’’ he scoffed.

‘’Oh my dear Legolas , you don’t look threatening at all. If not you looked adorable’’ she said and Legolas widened his eyes.

‘’I am not adorable, I am manly’’ he said in annoyance

‘’Sure you are’’ she taunted and Legolas did not reply.

‘’Are you going to teach me or not?’’ she said when Legolas gave her the silent treatment. He looked away and placed his arms on his chest and pouted.

Ellaria rolled her eyes; he’s older than her but she acted more mature than him. She sighed.

‘’I was kidding Legolas, you know you really do look intimidating’’ she lied and she saw his pointy ears twitch.

‘’Really?’’ he asked

‘’really’’ she said and just like that his whole demeanor changed.

Legolas fixed her posture and showed her how to hold the bow properly.

‘’Just relax, listen to your surrounding and focus on the target’’ he ordered and Ellaria did as she was told.

She was holding on to the arrow waiting for Legolas’ command to release it, and when he did she released the arrow but it did not hit the target.

Multiple times she tried and she had failed, even it Legolas showed her numerous times and even demonstrate how to him she still struggled.

‘’El are you really trying?’’ Legolas said impatiently, he watched her for hours and even corrected her but she always fail.

‘’I am’’ she said annoyed herself, she was angry at herself.

‘’it’s no use Legolas’’ she said looking down , she felt disappointed she thought it was easy Legolas made it look easy at least.

Legolas seeing Ellaria sad decided to taunt her,  Legolas did not know why but Ellaria seems to learn faster when she is angry.

‘’ Why did I even expect you to learn I should have known better. Girls are just not good at fighting are they?’’ he said and Ellaria glared at him.

She took another arrow and fired at the target angrily, with each time adding more force.

Suddenly A miracle happened and she finally hit her target, she jumped up and down and looked at Legolas who was looking at her with a smile upon his face.

‘’I did it!’’ she said over and over

================================================================

They were taking a break in the garden, all the training they did had drained all the energy from them.

Legolas looked at Ellaria who was looking at the flowers, the wind came and her hair flew exposing her ears. She placed her hands on her ears trying to hide it from Legolas , she knew he would think she is strange. Maybe he would not want to be friends with her anymore. Legolas noticed what she was trying to do and removed her hands from her ears, his eyes widened when he noticed it wasn’t pointy like his.

‘’why is your ears not pointy?’’ he asked curiously, and Ellaria brought her hair down from her braid trying to hide it.

‘’I look weird don’t I’’ she said and laughed forcefully but Legolas could tell it bothered her.

‘’No, it’s not weird at all’’ he said and Ellaria smiled at him.

‘’ My father was a mortal’’ she explained and Legolas nodded. He noticed that the mention of her father distraught her and Legolas had an idea.

‘’Climb on my back’’ he said and Ellaria looked at him confused but she did anyways.

Ellaria did not know what he was trying to do until she saw that they were approaching a lake nearby.

‘’stop! Legolas!’’ but he did not listen, he looked at her and smiled mischievously. Legolas has a firm hold on her.

‘’here we go!’’ he said as he jumped into the lake with Ellaria on his back.

The water separated them and they both came up for air. Ellaria glared at him and Legolas prepared himself but instead of her getting back at him. She started swatting the water in Legolas’ way and started laughing. When they soon got tired playing in the water the both laid on the ground. Ellaria hated to admit it but she was getting fond of Legolas though he was so irritating at first. Ellaria took his hand and squeezed it; they looked at each other and smiled. She finally found a friend