I leaned in closer to him, curious.

He cleared his throat.  "Well, obviously alpha werewolves want to keep their mate close to them, but in a more intense kind of way.  In short, we'll do more to keep them and through that, we aren't inhibited by anything that regular wolves are."

"What does that mean exactly?" I asked.

Jason sighed.  "I know this is going to scare you, but I'll tell you anyway because you asked."  He leaned forward, turning off the radio.  "It means that...well, since we're more animalistic, I will do everything in my power to keep you.  And I mean everything, even force."

"But Vincent said he'd do that too," I said.  And he kind of did act on that with his whole dragging me out into the middle of an omega community.

Jason growled at the mention of Vincent's name.  "When I say force, I mean I will restrain you, threaten, or maybe try to intimidate you.  But I will not cause physical harm to you!  I swear that I will never harm you directly Nora."

Yeah that was still bad, but at least he didn't say the whole "If I Can't Have You, Nobody Can" thing.  So at least I know that I'll be able to live.

"But I can tell you this," Jason added, "your friend Jessie, the redhead, she's pretty vulnerable without a mate by her side to protect her."

I jumped inside my skin, shocked by the words that came out of this man's mouth.  "W-what?" I whimpered.

Jason snorted.  "You know exactly what I mean.  You do know that ever since werewolves and vampires revealed themselves, the rate of human disappearance has more than quadrupled.  We just don't like to advertise it.  So in simplest terms: Nora, stay with me and Jessie lives."

He can't be serious!  This isn't possible!  "Uh, Jessie and I haven't really talked to each other lately," I said, hoping this would get the target off her back if I made Jason angry.

"Well if you want it like that, Danni stays home when her mate is at work."

My breath hitched in my throat.  So Jessie and Danni's lives depended on me staying with Jason? I was shaking in my seat, my whole body feeling heavy and cold.

Jason pulled me closer to him.  "Don't worry Mate," he cooed as he kissed my forehead, "they'll be fine as long as you're a good girl."  With that he started to rub my cheek with his giant thumb, growling contently. 

The rest of the ride I was stiff as a board, afraid for my friends' live that if I messed up...well you know.  We finally arrived back at Jason's house, and he got out, running to my side, helping me to my feet.  He most likely did this to make sure I wouldn't try to run off.  Not that I would.  I love Jessie like a sister and Danni's been growing on me.

I can save Danni easily.  All I have to do is tell Reed and he'll do anything to save her, maybe even leave the territory.  Jessie would be a little harder to save.  I could warn her, but she probably would not believe me because she actually trusts werewolves, like Jason.  How on earth can I save my friends and get away from this psycho wolf?

I could go back to Vincent.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'd stop at nothing to help me.  The problem with that is that I'd have to find him.  Now I know he's in the neighboring omega community, but I don't really know how to get there.  I was passed out the first time, and it was dark when Jason drove.  Therefore, I'm royally screwed.

I felt a tug on my arm and realized that Jason was leading me to the house where I'd most likely never be allowed to leave without an escort or some other crazy bullshit.

I groaned.  "I hate you," I muttered to myself.

Jason snarled, making me freeze.  Goosebumps formed all over my flesh and I looked at him in dread.

Jason snarled at me, his teeth bared and his eyes glowing red.  Oh shit, I'm in trouble.  My legs began to shake with fear.  "Uhh, just kidding," I nervously laughed.

"Sure," Jason sneered, mimicking my nervous laugh.  "I guess now you can say goodbye to Danni."

"No!" I shouted, planting my feet, refusing to move any further.  "Please don't Jason!"  I grabbed onto his hand that held my arm with my other hand, pleading with him.  "Please don't do it!"

In a flash, I felt myself being picked up and rushed inside the house.  The door slammed loudly behind me and when I opened my eyes, Jason was right in front of me, pushing his face into mine.

"You need to learn Nora," he said, "you belong to me.  And if you won't listen to me, there's going to be consequences."  With that, he began to walk away.  No!

I can't let Danni die.

"If you hurt her, I will never speak or look at you ever again!" I screamed so loud that my throat hurt. 

Jason froze in his tracks, his wide back to me.  He remained silent, deep in thought.  "And then what will you do?" he asked.

He turned around, stalking over to me.  I tried to back away, but he was too fast for me, and pretty soon my back was up against a wall.  Jason placed both of his muscular arms on either side of me, effectively trapping me.

His face was shoved up close to mine.  "I don't think there's really anything that you can do to get away from me Nora," Jason smirked.  "And besides, I could always do the Last Resort."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I whimpered, shaking like mad under the stare and hold of this monster.

"It's probably better that way," Jason said as he pushed away from the wall.  "Go to bed, I have business to attend to."  And with that he walked out of the house, locking me inside because he had those locks one needs a key for even when inside. 

I was trapped.