20. Ring Pops

SELENA'S POV

I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see a blank white ceiling above. Confused as to where I was, I looked around the room and noticed I was in a hospital.

How did I get here?

Why was I here?

I felt someone stir from besides me and turned to see Harry sitting in a chair right next to the bed I was in with his hand holding onto mine.

Harry's eyes flew open and he sighed a grateful sigh, clutching onto my hand tighter. ''Hey, you're awake..how are you feeling?''

I shrugged, ''Okay..why am I here?''

''You don't remember?'' he asked.

I shook my head.

''You passed out while cleaning the dishes -'' Harry began saying. My heart rate automatically started to increase and as if he read my mind, he said, ''It's okay, you and the baby are both alright. The doctor said you were just a little too stressed out.''

I nodded and looked down, grateful that everything was okay. ''I guess I have been a little stressed lately..''

Harry stared at me, urging me to go on.

I sighed, ''It's just...I get scared sometimes that Dylan won't only come after me, but now you, Lilly, the whole gang, and even the baby too. I feel terrible putting everyone's life at risk like that..''

''Selena, nothing's going to happen to you or any of us, I'm sure of it. If that Dylan guy steps foot near anyone, especially you, I'll handle it.'' 

''But you don't know what he's capable of...he could hurt you..and if he did, I would never be able to live with myself.'' I said, suddenly becoming emotional.

''Hey, hey..it's alright..'' he replied, gently carassing my cheek with his thumb to catch my falling tears.

''I'm sorry..'' I said quietly in between tears.

''For what?''

''Ruining everything with my past...and for being an emotional wreck right now, it's the hormones I swear..I usually don't cry like this.'' I said, managing to let a small laugh escape.

Harry smiled, ''You haven't ruined anything, Selena. If anything, you made life a whole lot more better for me, Lilly, and well, everyone here.''

I gave him a small smile and we just sat there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence.

A little while later, Harry jumped up and smiled. ''Hey, on a brighter note, I never got to give you your birthday present.''

''You didn't need to get me anything..you've already given me all that I could need.''

''Oh come on, everyone deserves something on their birthday.'' he said with a cheeky grin as he went over to the small table in the room and grabbed a green colored card.

He handed it to me and I smiled.

''Thank you..''

He nodded, ''Open it.''

I did as he told, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. After unfolding it, I saw that it was an annulment paper to end my marriage with Dylan.

''How....what....why..'' I said in pure shock and disbelief, staring down at the paper.

''A friend of mine is a judge and after explaining the situation and some other things, he was able to get me these for you..as for the why part..'' He began saying.

__________________________________

 ****FLASHBACK****

HARRY'S POV

''Daddy, is Selena gonna be okay?'' Lilly asked as we walked around the small gift shop in the hospital. After hearing the loud crash in the kitchen, I had run in to see Selena laying on the floor, unconscious. I tried waking her up, but nothing was working so I called 911. They took her away in the ambulance and I hopped into my car with Lilly, quickly following behind them. Selena has been unconscious for a couple of hours now, but the doctors say she's going to be fine.

I sighed and looked down at her, ''Yeah, she'll be alright. She's just resting right now, trying to get better.''

''Good, I don't wanna lose another mommy..'' she said quietly.

My eyes narrowed down at her and I didn't know what to feel. She just called Selena 'mommy' which both thrilled and scared me. I didn't want her to have to go through losing someone so close to her like that again either.

''You really like Selena, huh?'' I asked, an idea popping into my head.

''Yeah, she's super cool!'' Lilly said with a smile as she sucked on the ring pop I had gotten her.

''How..would you feel about her officially becoming your mom?''

Lilly looked at me, a grin spread across her face and that answered my question immediately with no words having to be said.

___________________________________________

****PRESENT****

''A friend of mine is a judge and after explaining the situation and some other things, he was able to get me these for you..as for the why part..'' I began saying. ''Well, there's two reasons, actually. The first, I thought you deserved to be free of him, you know? It's not fair that you're still legally married to that bastard.'' I said, causing her to smile.

''And the second reason?'' she asked.

I gave a nervous sigh and felt my heart begin to race. ''Well, I never imagined I'd be doing this today, right now, but..'' I began, slowly starting to sit down on one knee as Selena gasped and threw a hand over her mouth.

''With everything's that happened lately, I realized you're the thing that's been making me feel alive again. After Lydia died, I kind of had this emptiness in my heart and I went by each day never really appreciating anything...until you came along. I was planning on proposing sometime in the future, but why wait? This was a wake up call for me to not waste anymore time with you not as my wife...so, Selena..will you marry me?'' I asked, pulling out a green ring pop I got in the gift shop with Lilly earlier.

Selena laughed as she looked at the ring and stared at me with tears in her eyes. She began nodding and smiling which made my heart leap. I put the ring pop on her finger and we both laughed. ''I'm sorry it's not the ring most girls would dream of, but it's all I had for now.''

''It's okay, I love it and I love you......but I may end up eating it later, I really hate hospital food.''

I laughed and crashed my lips onto hers, happy that someday I'd be able to officially call her my wife.

______________________________

I'm so sorry this chapter took a while to get up and that it was so short and written horribly. School started up and I'm already drowning in homework and quizzes and jfdnvmcskmd, but I really wanted to try and update so I managed to write this out and hopefully it was okay?

I'll be trying my best to update once every weekend, but school literally is crazy hard this year because I'm taking a lot of honors classes so when I'm not studying or doing homework, I'm just trying to catch a break and just breathe, ya know? So writing isn't exactly at the top of my list but like I said, I'll do my best.

Also, I'm so sorry if this story is starting to feel rushed. I just didn't want it to drag on and become boring. If all goes accordingly, there's 13 more chapters left, so yup. 

Please vote, follow, and comment any ideas/opinions you have!