19. Birthday Surprise

HARRY'S POV

I smiled as I looked down at Lilly as she sprinkled sprinkles on top of the cake we had made for Selena. It was her birthday today so we decided to throw her a surprise party.

''All done! How's it look dad?'' Lilly asked, clasping her hands together as she stared at the cake, admiring it.

I smiled, ''Perfect. I'm sure Selena's going to love it.''

She smiled and looked up at me. ''Do you love her?''

''What?'' I asked, completely taken off guard.

''Do you love Selena?'' she asked.

I stared at her for a second and then nodded, smiling. ''Yeah, I do.''

She grinned even wider, ''Me too. Are you two gonna get married one day like Zayn and Perrie?''

I shrugged, ''Maybe one day, I can't really answer that right now.''

''How come? If you love her and she loves you, why not just get married now? What's the point of waiting?'' she questioned.

I stared down at her, ''Well..I'm not sure. People just like to wait a little while before jumping into such a big commitment I guess..''

''But you and Selena aren't like most ordinary people.'' she stated.

''No, I guess we aren't. Why do you care so much?'' I asked her with an amused smile plastered on my face.

''Oh, just because..'' she said with a smile.

''Hey, guys!'' Demi greeted as she walked into the kitchen with Niall, causing the conversation I was having with Lilly to stop.

''Demi!'' Lilly cheered, running over to give her a hug.

''Hey, Lil. What's up?'' she asked, smiling.

''Daddy and I just made Selena a cake. See!'' Lilly replied, pointing to the cake.

''Whoa, I see. It looks awesome. Now, wanna help me go put some decorations up?'' Demi said.

Lilly nodded and followed Demi into the living room where they started getting to work.

About an hour and a half later everything was finally all set up and cooked, and now we were just waiting for Selena to arrive. The whole gang was here, including Ariana who had lately been becoming good friends with Selena.

We waited a couple of minutes just sitting quietly in the dim lighting of the living room, everyone hidden behind something. A few minutes later we heard the faint sound of steps walking up the driveway and I grinned.

SELENA'S POV

I cautiously made my way up Harry's driveway, confused as to what was going on. All he had said was to come over and that it was urgent.

I looked up at his house to see it pitch black. Shrugging the concern off, I went and knocked on the front door anyway.

I waited a couple of seconds, but no one came so I tried again. After another few seconds I noticed the door was slightly open, so I pushed on it and came inside to the extremely dark living room room.

''Harry?'' I called, looking for the light switch on the wall.

Once I finally found it, I switched it on and then nearly jumped out of my skin when everyone popped up screaming 'surprise!'

I looked around as everyone began laughing at how shocked I was. 

''Happy Birthday!'' they all cheered.

How did they know today was my birthday? It's not like I ever told anyone..

''Wow, we really surprised her! She's still in shock.'' Eleanor said while snapping a picture of me on her phone.

''How'd you..'' I began saying before Demi interrupted me.

''You had to put it down on your application for the restaurant. I can't believe you were gonna let today just slide by without telling anyone!'' she stated.

I shrugged, ''I didn't want anyone to have to go through the hassle of throwing me a party or getting me anything.''

''You're too nice, but Sel, that's what friends are supposed to do for each other!'' Ariana said, smiling.

I smiled and looked around at everyone, ''I know, I guess I've just never had great friends like you guys..Thanks for this.''

They all smiled back and then we began enjoying the party. We ate, danced, talked, laughed, and overall just had a good time.

Lilly made me close my eyes before bringing the cake out to show me. Once I opened my eyes, I saw the cutest little cake that read 'Happy 25th Selena' along with a bunch of green sprinkles, since that was my favorite color.

I smiled and everyone began singing happy birthday. After the song was over, Lilly told me to make a wish which made me laugh. No one's told me to do that in years.

After I cut the cake and finished passing it out to everyone, I grabbed a piece for myself and sat down on the couch in the living room next to Harry where I began opening presents.

Out of all of the gifts everyone gave me, my favorite was probably Lilly's painted heart shaped box that she said she made for me, or the bicycle Harry had given me so it was easier instead of having to walk everywhere.

About another half hour went by before people started to leave. I thanked everyone for the party one more time and then made my way into the kitchen to help Harry clean up.

I came up from behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck, causing him to grin.

''Thanks for the party.'' I mumbled into his shoulder.

He nodded, ''Did you like it?''

''I loved it, I haven't had a real party in ages. Usually Dylan would jus..'' I began saying before stopping myself. I didn't want to think of Dylan, and I didn't want Harry pitying me either.

''He would just what?'' Harry asked, turning to look at me.

I shook my head, ''It's not important. What is important is that you're the greatest boyfriend in the world. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have met you.''

He grinned, ''I'm the lucky one here.''

''Oh, yeah?'' I asked with an amused smile as I grabbed a plate and began helping him clean.

''Yep. You're kind, caring, humorous, gentle, sophisticated yet childish at all the same time, and you always put others before yourself. For example, you're cleaning up the mess from your own birthday party that you didn't even host.'' he said with a smile as he grabbed the plate out of my hand and began washing it himself.

''Well, then let me continue to put others before myself.'' I said, taking the plate back. ''But all of that was sweet of you to say.'' I stated, giving him a quick kiss before continuing to wash the plate.

''I forgot to mention, you're also stubborn.'' he said, causing me to laugh.

We continued to wash dishes until there was only three more left.

''Hey, do you mind finishing up while I go bring Lilly in her room? She's passed out on the couch.'' Harry said.

I nodded, ''No, I'm fine. Go ahead.''

He smiled and went into the living room to get Lilly while I continued to wash the rest of the dishes.

I was on the last one when I suddenly felt my whole world become dizzy. I dropped the glass cup that was in my hand and felt my vision going black. The last thing I heard before passing out was Harry shouting my name.

_____________________________

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I didn't really have any motivation to write but I forced myself to today since I wanna get as far as I can with this story before school starts.

Anyway, please vote, follow, and comment any ideas/opinions you have!