18. Checkups

SELENA'S POV

About two weeks had passed since Harry found out the secret, and life was actually going pretty good for once. I didn't have to lie about who I was anymore, which was such a relief, and I finally was beginning to feel safe again.

I had decided to invite everyone over the day after Harry had stopped me from leaving to tell them the truth about me. Everyone was pretty shocked at first, but they said they understood and would always be there for me, which was pretty comforting to hear.

I then told them about the baby, which made all of the girls, plus Niall and Louis, extremely excited. Perrie and Zayn then said that they were also expecting a child too, which made the day even better.

''What are you thinking about?'' Harry asked with an amused smile as he sat in the driver's seat of his car.

''How happy I am that everything's working out for a change.'' I replied with a smile.

We were on our way to go get a checkup for the baby since I was now about four months pregnant.

Harry put his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel over mine and smiled. ''I'm glad you're happy, you deserve it.''

After a few more minutes of driving we finally came to a stop and I nervously got out of the car. I had gone to my first appointment with Demi, but there really wasn't much to see then. This time I had no idea what to expect.

I held onto Harry's hand as we entered the building. After talking to the lady at the front desk, we waited a few minutes in the lobby area before my doctor called me in to see her. Harry followed behind me and I took a seat on the long chair in the center of the room.

The doctor asked me a few questions about how I was doing and such and then put the cold liquid stuff on my stomach. After a few minutes of waiting, a picture of the baby showed up on the screen in front of us and I smiled as the doctor explained where the head was and stuff like that.

''Would you like to know what gender it is?'' she asked me.

I looked over to Harry who just shrugged with a smile. ''That's your call.'' he said.

I thought about it and shook my head no. ''I want it to be a surprise.''

The doctor nodded and smiled, ''Alright, then. Well your baby seems to be perfectly healthy so far, so I'll just go and print out the ultrasound picture and then you guys are good to go.'' she said.

We waited a couple of minutes in a comfortable silence for her to come back. Once she did, I took the photo, thanked her, and walked back out into the lobby holding Harry's hand.

''Look at its little foot'' I squealed to Harry, pointing at the picture.

He laughed at my reaction. ''It kind of looks like a lizard's foot.''

''Hey! Does not...well, eh..it kind of does. But isn't it the cutest lizard foot you've ever seen?'' I said with a smile, feeling awfully giddy.

''Yes, it's an adorable lizard foot.'' he said while chuckling.

''Aw, you guys are so cute.'' A woman with a pretty big baby bump said, smiling at us.

''Thanks.'' I responded happily.

''Is this the first child you guys are having?'' she asked.

I looked up at Harry and then back at her, shaking my head. ''Oh, no. It's er..a complicated story.''

She nodded, ''Well, best of luck to you then.''

I smiled, ''Thanks, you too.''

After that we exited the building and went to Zayn and Perrie's house to pick up Lilly. Zayn and Perrie had offered to babysit since they wanted practice for when they had a child of their own.