25. Shopping and Surprises

Selena's Point of View

''I can't believe it's already December.'' I stated while walking through the mall that was decorated for the Christmas season.

''And I can't believe that in another month I'll have to go back to school.'' Gregg, who had decided to come with me, replied with a slight groan.

I rolled my eyes, ''You should have been in school this whole time, so stop complaining.''

He looked down at me and smiled, ''I love it when you get sassy.''

I rolled my eyes yet again and gave him a slight shove while we continued to walk. ''You're so annoying.'' I mumbled under my breath. ''I can't believe you and Harry are actually related.''

''Because I'm so much better looking, right? I find it pretty hard to believe myself.'' he said with a smirk.

I stared at him with an are you kidding me expression while he just grinned. Even though Gregg was extremely difficult to deal with at times, I had to admit I've grown a strong liking towards him over these past two months, though I'd never actually tell him that because no one needs his ego getting any bigger than it already is.

''Speaking of the devil, have you gotten the 'ol big brother dearest a present for Christmas yet?'' he questioned while we continued to stroll through the mall.

I sighed, ''No, that's kind of why I was glad Harry convinced me to come here with you..I was hoping you could maybe help me?''

''Nah, I doubt you want my help. I always just get him a pair of socks and a comb to tame that hair of his every year.'' he said nonchalantly.

I nodded, ''That explains why there's so many combs in the bathroom. But seriously, you don't have any ideas?''

He laughed, ''Sel, who cares? Whatever you get him he's going to love no matter what, it's not a big deal.''

''But it has to be perfect.'' I whined, hoping he would cave in and decide to help me.

''Why?''

I ran a shaky hand through my hair before responding. ''Because..he's done so much for me, I feel like the least I could do is get him a nice Christmas gift.''

He stopped walking and turned into some store while I followed beside him ''Selena, honestly he won't care about what you get him, all he cares about is that you're here with him. All he really wants is you, and you're already his so there's nothing to worry about.''

I rolled my eyes, ''I still want to get him something.''

''Fine, get him this then.'' he said, grabbing the closest thing off the shelf and shoving it into my arms.

My hands grasped around the object while I looked up at him. ''An empty jar?''

He shrugged, ''I don't know, we can put the socks I get him in it so it's not so empty.''