4. Sprite For the People I Like

SELENA'S POV

''Order up!'' The chef behind the counter said, hitting the little silver bell that made a loud 'ding' noise. 

I hurried over, grabbing the tray of food and steadied it in my hands as I walked over to the table I was serving. I had recently just gotten a job at Niall's family owned restaurant that was right near the beach and today was my first day. 

I used to be a waitress back in high school just to earn a little extra cash, so this wasn't anything new to me. Although it wasn't my ideal job, I could really use the money since I spent most of what I brought on the house and besides, it gives me something to do all day.

Once I finished serving the table, I made my way over to the next table, looking down at my notepad.

''Hello sir, I'm Sydney and I'll be serving you today. Can I get you anything?'' I asked, not looking up.

''Yes, maam. I'd like a date with you Friday at seven..and a Sprite, please.'' The person responded.

I looked up from the notepad and laughed when I realized it was Harry.

''I'm deeply hurt you didn't recognize me, maam.'' He said, putting a hand to his heart in exageration.

''Sorry sir, won't happen again.'' I replied with a grin.

''I wasn't joking by the way.'' he stated.

''I know, I'll go get your Sprite now.'' I said as I began to turn around to go get it.

''No, about a date on Friday.'' He stated, gently grabbing my arm to stop me.

I closely studied his face as he said this, trying to see if he really was joking or not. 

''You wanna go on a date..with me?'' I asked, finding it hard to believe. I was just plain old Selena here, well Syndey to him, and he liked me? Most people back home only liked me because of my money. Of course I did have a few real friends that liked me for me, but there wasn't many.

''Yes, maam.'' he stated with a nod and small smile. Gosh, his smile's adorable.

''I don't...I don't know, Harry. I like you, I do..but I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship right now.'' I said, trying my best to let him down easy even though what I was saying was the truth.

I know Harry's nothing like Dylan, but I'm still not ready to start trusting guys again. Plus, what would happen if he found out I was married? No, Selena. You're never going to see Dylan again, he's dead to you. You are not married and never was.

Harry looked at me and grinned. ''So you like me, huh?''

I felt my cheeks start to burn as a blush made it's way to my face. ''I..well-''

''I like you too, maam. I guess I'll just have to wait until you're ready to go on that date then.'' He replied, standing up with a smile as if he didn't mind having to wait until I was ready.

I watched him as he waved goodbye to me and left the restauraunt. Why was he so...perfect?

''Was that Harry Styles you were just talking to?'' I heard a female voice say, popping up right besides me.

I turned to look at her and noticed her wearing the same uniform I was with bright pink hair.

I nodded and smiled a bit, ''Yeah, that was him.'' 

''Oh my gosh, so you're the girl he's been wanting to ask out!'' she said as she jumped up, squealing a bit.

I looked at her questioningly and she smiled. ''Oh my bad, I'm Demi. I'm a friend of Harry's. It's nice to finally meet you.'' she responded, sticking her hand out for me to shake.