15. Nightmares

HARRY'S POV

 I came home later that night around eleven P.M. to see Sydney and Lilly asleep on the couch. I smiled at the two and gently picked up Lilly, bringing her into her room to sleep. I then picked up Sydney as well and brought her into the guest bedroom to sleep, deciding it was best not to wake her and make her leave in the middle of the night.

After that I changed into a pair of baggy shorts and threw on a t-shirt. I then hopped into bed and drifted off to sleep.

I awoke about three hours later by the sounds of someone screaming. I jumped up, grabbing the bat I kept hidden under my bed and ran into Lilly's room only to find her sleeping peacefully. I then remembered Sydney was here so I rushed into the room she was in to see her twisting and turning in bed.

''How did you find me?!'' she screamed between tears. I put the bat down and slowly made my way over to her.

''No! Don't hurt them! I'm the one you want.'' she yelled out.

''Sydney..'' I gently said, putting my hand on her arm to stop her from moving.

''Don't touch me!'' she shouted.

I quickly moved my hand off of her but realized she was still having the nightmare. Since a gentle approach wasn't working, I decided to shake her arm in hopes she would wake up.

''Come on, Syd. It's just a nightmare, wake up.''

Her eyes then flew open and she jumped up in bed, breathing heavily.

''Are you okay?'' I asked concernedly, staring at her with a worried expression.

''..Yeah..I'm uh..fine. Just a nightmare..Where am I?''

''Guest bedroom. Can I get you anything?'' I asked.

''A glass of water, please..'' she mumbled.

I nodded and went to go fetch her the drink. When I came back she was sitting up against the headboard just staring into space.

I handed her the drink and sat down beside her. ''Wanna talk about it?'' I asked.

She shook her head no and took a sip of the water. ''Thanks...but I don't think talking about it would help..''

''I thought that too for the longest time. I used to get nightmares after...well, after my wife, Lydia died. I thought talking about it with someone would only make it worse, but it actually helped and I started to get them less often and now I hardly ever get them at all.''

She nodded, ''I'm sorry about your wife, she must've been really great.''

''She was..she would have loved you.''

She gave me a small smile and looked down.

''Whatever it is, you can tell me..'' I said, grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze to let her know I was there for her like how she was always there for me.

She sighed, ''I know, I'm just..not ready yet...''

I nodded, ''It's okay, I understand.''

She just gave me a sad smile and then closed her eyes. ''Will you stay with me?'' she asked just loud enough for me to hear.

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me, and then wrapped my arms around her after switching the light off. I waited to fall back asleep again until I heard her breathing steady out, signifying she was asleep.

____________________________________

In the morning I woke up before everyone and decided to make pancakes for breakfast. I was just placing them on a plate when Lilly walked in, stretching her arms out and yawning.

''Hi daddy.''  she greeted me with a smile as she took a seat at the table.

''Hey, Lil nugget.''

''Dad, don't.''

''Oh, fine. How was your day yesterday?'' I asked her, placing a plate in front of her.

''Really good! Sydney's the best. We went to the park, played beauty salon, made dinner together, and watched a movie!'' she squealed. ''Is she still here?''

Before I could answer, Sydney came in and gave a small smile.

''Sydney!'' Lilly said, running over and hugging her.

''Hey, Lils.'' she said, hugging back.

''Daddy made pancakes, have some!''

''Oh, that's alright, I'm not really hungr-'' she began saying, but then stopped and started running for the bathroom.

I quickly followed after her and waited outside the bathroom door. ''You alright in there?'' I asked.

I heard her cough and then say, ''I'm fine! I'll be out in a second.''

I sighed and continued to wait. A few seconds later the door opened and Sydney stood there looking nervous.

''What's wrong? Are you sick?'' I asked her, putting my hand to her forehead to see if she had a fever.

She shook her head no. ''I'm okay, I promise. I probably just ate something bad yesterday or something..''

I looked at her, unable to tell if she was telling the truth or not. ''..Okay..if you say so.''

She smiled, ''Thanks for looking out for me though.''

I smiled back and we headed back out into the kitchen to eat breakfast.

_________________________________________

After breakfast, Lilly and I dropped Sydney off at her house and then went down to the police station to visit Liam on his break like we did every Tuesday.

''Liam!'' Lilly shouted, running over to him.

''Hey, kid.'' Liam said with a smile as he picked her up and spun her around.

We chatted with Liam for a while until some other officer came over with a stack of papers he plopped down onto Liam's desk.

''Can you put these up on the 'Wanted' board?'' he asked Liam.

Liam nodded and took the stack of papers into his hand as the other officer nodded and walked away.

''I hate doing this.'' he admitted as we followed him over to the board.

''I can do it.'' I suggested. After all, it was just tacking pictures of most wanted criminals to the wall, how hard could it be?

''You sure?'' Liam asked.

I nodded and took the stack from him. ''Come on, Lilly. Let's go put these up on the wall.''

''Okay.'' Lilly said with a smile as we made our way over and began tacking.

We were nearly done with the pile when suddenly Lilly came across a picture that made my heart drop.

''Look dad! It's Sydney!'' Lilly said as she held the paper in her hand.

I took it from her and stared at it closely. It looked exactly like Sydney except with darker hair and a different name. The name it read was 'Selena' and the reason for being wanted was for murder..

I quickly shoved the paper into my pocket, grabbed Lilly's hand and stormed out of the place. I needed to talk to Sydney. Now.

_______________________________

Dun, dun, dun. The next chapter will hopefully be up by later tonight or tomorrow. I'm really trying my best to update as much as I can before school starts because when it does I won't have half as much time to update which is gonna suck.

Anyway, please vote, follow, and comment any ideas/opinions you have!

Questions::

1. What do you think is gonna happen with Harry and 'Sydney?'

2. How do you think Selena's picture ended up in the police station?