17. The Truth

HARRY'S POV

 The following morning I awoke to someone pounding on the front door.

''HARRY STYLES YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW.'' A female voice shouted.

I groggily got up and made my way over, probably looking like crap from all the crying I did last night.

''What are you doing here at six A.M., Demi?'' I asked as my eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight.

''Selena's leaving because of you!'' she shouted.

''Wait, you know about her?'' I asked since she called her Selena and not Sydney.

''Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that you should be chasing after her before she leaves for forever.''

''Why would I do that? I'm not gonna beg a murderer to stay in town putting everyone I care about in danger.''

''You idiot, Selena's not a murderer! She's the farthest thing from it.''

''Then explain why the police station says so.'' I said, crossing my arms.

''Because her ass of a husband -'' she began saying before I cut her off.

Wait, what? ''So you're saying she's got a husband too? God, what hasn't she lied about.''

''Her feelings for you. But that's not the point right now, you need to go after her and tell her to stay.''

''She still lied to me! She's a married woman who-''

''Harry, her husband abused her.'' Demi said, cutting me off. ''You can't blame her for leaving him, he was a monster to her.''

''What?'' I asked, my tone of voice completely changed. 

''That's why she lied about her name and moved here, she didn't want her husband coming after her again.''

Suddenly I felt sick to my stomach. That explains all of the bruises I saw on her the first couple of weeks she was here...And I was such an ass to her yesterday. I should have let her explain..I shouldn't of screamed at her to leave..I shouldn't of -

''Harry, she's about to board a boat any minute now. I'd go stop her myself but she's not gonna listen to me. She needs you.'' Demi said, interrupting my thoughts. ''I'll stay here with Lilly, but you need to go, now.''

I nodded, grabbed my car keys, and took off towards the pier where boats usually came in. 

I was nearly two minutes away but the traffic was so backed up that I just hopped out of my car and began running towards the people boarding the boat.

''Selena!'' I shouted, running as fast as I could.

She was just about to board the boat when I reached her and gently pulled her to the side. ''Selena..''

She stared up at me with no emotion in her face. ''Harry..what are you doing here?''

''Look, I-'' I began saying before she interrupted me.

''I can't do this..''

''I'm sorry..I'm sorry..I'm so sorry. Please, just...just stay.'' I said between breathes.

She began shaking her head as tears pricked at her eyes. ''No..you were right. I have to go.'' she started walking back towards the boat but I ran in front of her to stop her.

''W..w..woah, wai-''

''He's gonna find me. He's gonna find us.''

''Wait, just tell me the truth..just tell me what happened and if you're in trouble we can get the police involved, I can talk to Liam.''