11. Dorks and Dancing

SELENA'S POV

 ''Oh my gosh, Demi..'' I stated as I looked at myself in the mirror, all dressed up for the high school reunion dance that was tonight. 

''I told you I had a great idea when I saw those gloves.'' she replied with a smirk.

I was wearing the white long gloves we had bought, along with a long, silky red dress and with my hair in an updo. I was going to the dance as Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman, aka one of my favorite movies ever.

''You know, for an upcoming momma, you look hot.'' she said causing me to laugh. My baby bump had just barely started to show, so at least my secret was safe for a little while longer.

''You don't look so bad yourself.'' I replied back with a grin.

Demi was dressed up in a baseball outfit as Mae Mordabito from A League of Their Own.

''Why thank you.'' she said as she curtsied.

''I wonder who everyone else is going as.'' I said as I applied some red lip stick to match the dress.

''I don't know, but I can just imagine how many slutty Britney Spears costumes there will be, even though technically she was more popular in the early 2000s.'' she said with a roll of her eyes causing me to laugh.

Once we finished up getting ready, we hopped into Demi's car and began driving to the high school the whole gang had gone too. I was a bit nervous and couldn't help myself from fiddling with my thumbs, which Demi somehow found amusing.

''Aw, is my little Selly nervous?''

''No........well, yeah.''

''Relax, you look great so you have nothing to worry about.'' she said, giving me a comforting smile.

''But..high school just brings back memories I don't want to think about...'' I said with a sigh.

''Trust me, it's like that for everyone. Maybe not so extreme as your situation, but boy I thought I was such a rebel in high school and it's just embarrassing to think about now. All I did was skip phys ed!''

I laughed, ''We got a bad ass over here.''

''Oh, yeah. Total bad ass. At least I never had to run the mile.'' she said with a shrug and a small grin.

We finally pulled into the parking lot of the high school and after grabbing a space, we began walking in. As we grew closer and closer to the entrance, the music got louder and louder and I got more and more nervous.

''Ready?'' Demi asked as we approached the doors.

''As ready as I'll ever be.'' 

She flew the door open and I followed her down the nearly empty hallway towards the gym where I guess was where the dance was being held. I smiled at the thought of teenage Harry and the whole gang coming through these hallways every day for four years. It must've been nice to have a whole group of friends like that that still keep in touch to this day.

After a while of walking, we finally stopped at a door that was blasting music on the other side. Demi pushed it open and I nervously followed slowly in behind her.

I saw a few people staring at me, probably wondering who I was. I glanced around, looking for a familiar face. I finally spotted Niall making his way over to us, dressed like Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell.

''Hey ladies, you both are looking pretty fly tonight.'' He greeted with a smile.

''Fly?'' Demi questioned with an amused expression on her face.