9. Positive Signs

SELENA'S POV

I woke up the next morning with the urge to throw up, yet again. I rushed towards the bathroom, trying my best not to wake Demi who had slept over the night before.

As I sat on the cold floor next to the toilet, I heard a soft knock come from outside the door.

''Sydney, are you alright?'' I heard Demi call.

I stood up and sighed, opening the door. ''Yeah, I'm alright. I'm used to it by this point.''

Demi shot me a concerned look as she took a seat on the small chair I had in the bathroom while I began brushing my teeth.

''What do you mean?'' she questioned.

I shrugged, spitting out the tooth paste and rinsing my mouth. ''It's just been happening a lot, that's all.''

''For how long?'' she asked.

''I don't know, like about a month maybe? Why?'' I questioned.

She looked up at me, ''Have you seen a doctor about this yet?''

I shook my head no and sighed. ''I don't really like going to the doctors..and plus, I'm sure everything is fine.''

''Sydney, you don't think you're...'' Demi began to say but stopped herself. ''No, I'm sure you're not.''

''You're sure i'm not what?'' I asked with a confused expression.

''Pregnant.'' Demi replied with a laugh. ''I mean, you and Harry just barely started seeing each other and you haven't been with anyone else here as far as I know, because it's a small town and word would have gotten around quickly so it's just not even something to consider as the reason.''

I thought about what she said and let out a small smile. It was a crazy thing to think about because the last time I had been with anyone in that way was with Dylan back home about a week before I...''Oh no..'' 

''What?'' Demi asked, looking up to me with a worried expression.

''Demi, I did sleep with someone about a month and a half ago.'' I replied, starting to grow more and more nervous.

She looked at me and then put her hand over mine, ''I'm sure it's nothing. Are you late?''

I thought about it and then nodded, looking at my reflection in the mirror to see a scared girl looking back at me.

''Oh boy..well, we won't know for sure until you take a test. Want me to go buy some?'' she asked sympathetically.

I nodded and noticed a small tear slip from my eye. I plopped down on the cold floor again and buried my face between my hands as I began to cry.

Demi gave me a small hug and said she'd be right back before leaving while I just continued to cry.

DEMI'S POV

I dumbfoundedly drove to the closest convenience store that just so happened to be Harry's store. I picked out a bunch of different pregnancy tests and was glad to see Zayn and not Harry at the counter.

''Hey Demi, how are you-'' he began saying but then he looked back and forth at what I was buying and me. ''I..uh..''

''I'm fine, Zayn. Just please hurry up, this is kind of urgent here.'' I told him.

He nodded and rung out the items without a sound. I payed him, grabbed the bag and then ran out the door back towards my car.

SELENA'S POV