26. Jingle All The Way

Selena's Point of View

Most of December seemed to fly by, and it was already Christmas Eve. I was lying in bed with Harry, wrapped in warm blankets as the cold winter was playing a tole outside. It was pretty early in the morning, so I decided not to wake him as I sat there, staring at his adorable face. Never would I of imagined a year ago that this is where I would be today -- out of my terrible relationship with Dylan, and side by side this beautiful human being.

I must have zoned out while admiring the curly haired boy beside me, because when my eyes shifted to him again, I noticed his eyes were open and were staring right at me.

A large grin grew onto his face, ''You were checking me out while I was asleep, weren't you?'' he joked.

I smiled and shrugged, ''You're cute when you sleep.''

''I'm even cuter awake.'' he said with a wink which caused me to laugh. ''All the girls tell me I'm hot.''

''Do they now?'' I said while arching a brow.

He nodded and leaned in closer, pressing his gentle lips onto mine. The kiss was sweet and loving at first, but quickly grew into an intense one that was interrupted when we heard a quiet noise at the door. We immediately pulled apart and I looked up to see Lilly standing there with Gregg, who was shielding her eyes.

''Don't mind us, carry on.'' Gregg said as he picked Lilly up and backed away from the door. Once he was gone, Harry turned to me and brought his lips to mine again, but ended up pulling away for the second time when Gregg came back, still holding Lilly. ''Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas Eve.''

With that, he left the room again. I turned to Harry and began laughing at his defeated face. I then got up and started making the bed while Harry whined. ''Can't we just stay in bed all day?'' he asked.

I smiled and shook my head, ''I wish, but remember we made plans to drive up and see your parents?''

He groaned, ''I remember, I was hoping you forgot.''

''Harry, they're your parents, why don't you want to see them?'' I asked.

A sigh escaped his lips, ''I do, it's just Gregg doesn't particularly get along with them well which ends up ruining the evening for everyone. And even though they're happy being divorced, there's still some tension between them.''

I nodded, ''I see. I'm sure everything will work out, though. I mean, what's a family gathering without some fights anyway? They happen, but then people move on.''

He laughed, ''Yeah, not with my family.''

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After Harry made everyone his special 'Christmas Eve' breakfast, which consisted of Belgium waffles and some bacon and eggs, we all went to get ready for the long drive to Harry's mom's house in Virginia. I dressed in a simple black dress with a red cardigan, while leaving my long hair down in its wavy curls. Harry and Gregg on the other hand, dressed in cheesy Christmas sweaters their mom made for them, which looked incredibly adorable in some odd way.