27

Sebastian stared at the white ceiling. It hurt his eyes to look at it but continued to stare at the white tiles on the ceiling.

A sigh made him turn his head. Jim sat on a chair near his bed.

"Sebastian," he said quietly.

"Mmn?"

It hurt to talk, or make any sound.

Everything fucking hurt.

"You're gonna drive me insane, darling."

Despite the burning pain it caused, Sebastian chuckled at that.

"Sorry, boss..."

"Don't talk, it hurts."

Sebastian looked away, shifting slightly. He shut his eyes and tried to think of what the hell happened to put him in this much pain.

"You're also an idiot. A complete idiot, Moran."

Sebastian looked back at Jim. He raised an eyebrow slightly, slightly raising his left ring finger with a small smile.

Jim tried not to smile at the action, rolling his eyes. "I'm aware that we're married, Sebastian. But that isn't a free pass from a lecture."

Sebastian rolled his eyes fondly. Jim smiled a little before returning serious again.

"I'm not telling you what happened, so you don't repeat the actions again."

Sebastian almost protested but kept quiet from the look Jim gave him.

"Darling, I know you live for danger but sometimes you should try to just live."

Sebastian nodded slightly, showing that he understood.

Jim let himself smile, lightly kissing Sebastian's forehead.

"Alex called before I came in. She's coming home from college to see you."

"She doesn't have to!" Sebastian weakly protested. "I'm fine!"

Jim rolled his eyes, chuckling a bit. "Darling, she was going to come home either way. Your...accident just changed the reason."

Sebastian nodded slightly, sighing a bit in relief.

"Now rest, sweetheart. I'll be with you, I promise."