18

(Oof low-key angst I guess)

Sebastian watched the bath water drain, honestly just wasting time at this point.

He had tugged on a sweatshirt and old, torn sweatpants for pajamas but he just...didn't want to leave the room.

He knew Jim would get worried soon.

He pushed wet hair back and stood, forcing himself out of the bathroom. It still hurt to walk, damnït.

Jim looked up from his book when he heard Sebastian limp in, getting up to help him.

"I'm fine, angel." Sebastian mumbled. He hated feeling like he needed help for simple tasks.

Jim nodded, keeping a careful eye on Sebastian as he finally collasped in bed.

"I'm fine, no need to worry." Sebastian added softly, every word he just spat out a lie.

He wasn't fine.

"You sure?"

"...yeah."

Lies. The mask was up again.

"Sebastian."

The blonde sighed, moving over for Jim to lay next to him. The shorter did, propping himself up on his elbow, gently running his fingers through wet locks of hair.

"Don't lie to be, tiger."

"I'm not lying, kitten."

Both sighed, since both were too tired to have this argument.

The light switched off, both almost immediately falling asleep.

***

Alone.

Dark.

Pain.

'I'm gonna die here.'

'I just want to see him one last time.'

'Please...'

Light.

There he was.

"Jim...!"

Gunfire-

Sebastian jolted awake, pain shooting down his leg at the action. Cold sweat drowned his body, breathing heavily. His bangs were glued to his forehead now.

He tried to keep his gasps for air quiet, not wanting to disturb Jim.

"Sebby."

Sebastian shut his eyes, silently curisng. "Yes?"

He felt a soft hand take hold of his slightly rough hand, causing his gaze to flick to his husband.

"Sweetheart." Jim quietly said. "I'm-"

Sebastian didn't let him finish, pulling him close, burying his face in Jim's hair.

The familiar scent of his husband's shampoo started to calm him, and feeling Jim's safe arms around him helped too.

Sebastian eventually lifted his head, sighing softly.

"Sorry. Just a nightmare." Sebastian muttered, lightly resting his hand over Jim's heart to feel the strong beats.

Jim nodded slightly, gently stroking his hair.

Sebastian felt tired, despite the abrupt wake up. He hugged Jim a little tighter before falling asleep, this time dreamless.

A/n: Oof