23

(Angst because I'm a sad idiot rn.)

Sebastian leaned heavily into Jim's embrace, a bottle of some sort of alcohol empty next to him. Tears welled in the icy eyes but didn't fall, just causing his vision to be blurred.

Jim didn't know what to say. He couldn't think of anything comforting to say since he didn't want to know what was wrong, and he could tell Sebastian didn't want to talk about it.

So he just wrapped his arms gently around him, rubbing his back gently.

Sebastian blinked away his tears when he felt Jim's embrace, shifting away. "I'm fine."

Jim opened his mouth to say something, but didn't.

Sebastian glanced away as his "I'm fine" mask slid on. Jim stood, gently squeezing Sebastian's shoulder.

"Call me if you need something, okay Seb?"

Sebastian nodded, laying down and turning on his side, his back to Jim.

"'Night boss."

"...g'night Seb. Love you."

Sebastian looked back a little, the mask crumbling. "Love you too, kitten."

Jim walked back over to him, almost pushed to the ground in a desperate hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry-"

"What for, Sebby?"

"Pushing you away-again-when I need you."

"Shh, shh, don't worry yourself over it. I'm always here, love, okay?" Jim soothed.

Sebastian nodded, burying his face in Jim's shoulder. He hated feeling this weak, but knew that Jim didn't mind.

Jim held him tight the rest of the night, humming softly.

The gentle hum and reassuring embrace around him lulled Sebastian to sleep. Jim lightly pecked his lips before letting himself sleep.

A/n: Ayyy I lost the idea then fixed it...and probably just made this entire one shot cringe hA-