8

(angst bc I listened to a sad thing that...isn't related to this oneshot but just got me angsty)

The Sun started to rise and Sebastian groaned softly when the light hit his face. He opened his eyes, looking around.

Panic surged in him when he saw he was in a hospital. He tried to call out for Jim but the words died in his throat.

He sat up, nearly screaming from a pain in his side and stomach.

He forced himself to look down, and saw his shirt was blood stained.

He shut his eyes, trying to think of what happened.

Nothing came to mind. Just...darkness. And pain.

"Oh thank god you're awake."

Jim's gentle, soothing voice snapped Sebastian from his thoughts. He tried to show how happy he was despite the tears of pain in his eyes.

Again, he tried to speak and couldn't.

"Don't try to speak, you've lost your voice." Jim shook his head, walking to his side. "Don't worry, its temporary."

Sebastian gave him a look of confusion.

"I think you were screaming a lot..." Jim's voice wavered sadly.

Sebastian tried to give him a look that kindly said "what the fück happened", blinking rapidly.

Jim took his hand, pressing his lips against the bruised knuckles and staying like that for a while.

"God, I'm so sorry."

Sebastian gave him an even more confused look.

"Some idiots tried to get information from you after a job gone sour. You didn't talk so...torture."

Sebastian looked down to his blood stained shirt, mouthing an "oh shît".

"They're gone now." Jim's voice went dark. "They don't get to hurt my tiger and see another dawn."

Sebastian sighed, cupping Jim's cheek, trying to tell him that he didn't have to get revenge.

"You've got stitches. They...they said it'll leave a scar."

Sebastian looked down at his stomach and side, then back at Jim, shrugging.

-time skip for pLoT rEaSoNs-

Sebastian's voice soon returned, a bit rough and scratchy.

The two were in bed. Jim lightly traced every scar Sebastian had.

It was just something he'd do when deep in thought.

Sebastian relaxed at the ginger touch, humming.

Hesitantly, the new scars were traced. No pain came from them, so Sebastian let out no noise of complaint, as he would do if a scar did hurt at the touch.

Jim lightly pressed kisses along the new scars, his soft lips tickling Sebastian's skin.

"Love you," Sebastian mumbled, his voice still hoarse.

"Love ya too, tiger."