~°10°~

(angst because I'm in that mood rn.)

Sebastian shut his eyes in a failed attempt to keep the tears in. Jim sat near him, and Sebastian knew he didn't know what to say or do yet. Sebastian gave up on holding in his tears and let them fall, sinking back into Jim's embrace.

Sobs shook his body, making him wince with pain. Jim carefully held him, stroking his hair gently.

"You're fine now, tiger," Jim whispered soothingly.

"I-I thought I was going to die and never see you or Alex again." Sebastian mumbled in a whimper.

Jim hugged him a little tighter. "I'm not letting that happen, basher."

Sebastian just whimpered again, "it hurts so dämn much."

"It'll be better soon, love, I promise."

"Not the wounds. What they said..."

"Sebastian, don't believe what they said."

Sebastian didn't answer, sobbing harder. "I-I just want to stay with my family. My real one."

"You will."

Sebastian tried to take a few calming breathes that only sounded like desperate gasps for air.

"Is Alex okay?"

"She's worried about you. Do you want to see her?"

"Yes...maybe when I've calmed down some."

Sebastian sighed softly, letting his tears fall fast and hard.

"Darling, I promise nothing is going to happen to you as long as I'm here," Jim mumbled, the words making the shuddering sobs stop. Just gentle sobs remained, which soon ended as a few tears just falling.

"Thanks for saving me."

"I'll always save you, tiger."

Sebastian nodded, lingering in his husband's embrace.

"Do you want to see Alex?"

Sebastian nodded weakly, an almost smile on his face now.

Jim softly called out for the young girl, who almost ran in.

"Dad? Are you okay?" she asked in a rushed tone, hugging Sebastian tightly.

"Y...Yeah, I'm fine now, princess."

Sebastian almost completely relaxed since his whole family was here now.

Jim pulled them both into an embrace. Sebastian, tired from crying and everything else, fell asleep. Alex did as well, still hugging Sebastian tightly, her head resting on Jim's shoulder.

Jim stared at the two for a moment, trying to think of how to shift into a more comfortable position and maybe get some blankets.

He eventually figured out a plan, falling asleep soon after.

A/n: I nearly cried writing this...that's a first.