"Hmm?" He asked, his eyes closed, looking like a cat that was getting petted.

Suddenly deciding to go get more tequila, you let go of Sam's hair and stood up. Sam's head fell to the mattress with a thud, and he turned to watch as you slipped your shoes on. "Where ya going?"

"To the liq...the liq..to get drinks," you stuttered, smiling at him before you went to open the door.

"Y/N it's raining!" He exclaimed like you didn't already know that.

"I know," you answered, stepping out into the warm summer rain, shutting the door behind you. Missing the fact that you didn't have keys, or a wallet, or anything. Forgetting about the liquor store, you raised your head to the sky, already soaking wet in the short time you had been outside.

Puddles had formed everywhere, and you skipped out to the parking lot, jumping into the deepest one you could find. Giggling, you spun around as lightning flashed down.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Sam asked you, following you outside, his hair already plastered to his head.

Spinning to face him, you raised your arms up. "What does it look like? I'm dancing in the rain!"

"That's better than singing," he teased. "You have a horrible singing voice."

Pouting, you shook your head. "I do not."

"Do too," he argued. "Now get back inside before you get hit by lightning."

"Make me," you insisted childishly. Sam came forward, and you were about ready to race past him, when he reached out, grasping you by the waist and pulling you tight against him. Tilting your head up, you could see he was staring down at you.

"Kiss me," you whispered, the alcohol bolstering your courage.

Shaking his head, his wet hair smacked against his cheek. "No, you're drunk."

"Fine," you muttered. Standing up on your tiptoes, you brushed your lips against his. Sam stood still for a moment before wrapping his arms tighter around you, deepening the kiss. Suddenly the world spun as he picked you up in his arms. Carrying you through the puddles, he stepped back into the hotel room, dropping you on the bed.

"Strip," he ordered.

"Oooh," you said, moving to stand up, but he had already turned around to grab a towel from the rack. Throwing your wet shirt and pants his way, you caught the towel he handed you. "Dry off, cool off, and we can talk about this in the morning?"

"Talk about what?"

"That kiss, and....other things," he promised as you slid under the covers. Yawning, you closed your eyes, immediately falling into a deep, alcohol-induced sleep.

The sun slipped through the blinds, waking you up. Grumbling, you turned to the side, only to find an arm holding you in place, Taking a moment to unfog your brain, you slowly looked up to see a sleeping Sam holding you tight. Quickly glancing down, you gasped as you realized you were naked. "What...," you whispered, wracking your mind about the events of last night. Trying to remember exactly what had happened. You remember the rain, and tequila and...

"Morning," Sam whispered against your neck, pressing a kiss to your neck.

"Sam, what happened?" You asked, grabbing the sheet and pulling it around you as you scrambled off the bed. "Last night...did we...?"

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he patted the bed that you had just left. "Come back to bed and we can talk."

"No, I can't. Not until...not until I know," you whispered.

"Y/N, we didn't do anything. You were drunk, and I didn't want to take advantage."

Wrinkling your nose, you stared at the unused bed beside yours. "Then why are you in my bed?"

"Actually this is my bed. Your bed was soaking wet, so we shared. Nothing more."

"Oh," you whispered, somewhat disappointed.

Reaching over, he grasped your hand. "But that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Y/N, that kiss last night. It was amazing, and I was wondering if...,"

"If what?"

"Well, if you wanted to do that. And maybe more," he stuttered, turning slightly red. "I just know how hard the hunting life is, and I thought maybe we could help each other out."

"Like friends with benefits?"

"Something like that," he muttered, running a hand through his hair. "You know what? Forget I said anything. It's stupid."

"But what if I can't just be friends with benefits? What if I want more?"

He shrugged. "We can deal with that if, and when it happens."

Throwing caution to the wind, you dropped your sheet to the ground, nervously awaiting Sam's response. Astonishment shown in his eyes before he was standing up, pulling you into his arms.