How You Sleep/Cuddle

Michael: For being in your second trimester, you were still experiencing waves of nausea and exhaustion. You always felt bad when Michael would want you to go with him to the studio or just out to the store, but instead you were bed (or during the day couch) ridden and sick. You loved your daughter already with every fiber of your being, but she was driving you a little crazy. You had heard so many women talk about that pregnancy warmth and glow, but so far you had felt anything but warm and fuzzy. Your back ached, your stomach never stopped churning, and you had heartburn so bad you could vomit. They definitely didn’t write about this in any of the pregnancy magazines you had read, those were all about keeping a healthy pregnancy body for mom and baby. You were healthy, but all you felt was miserable. Mikey did all that he could for you, but the studio execs were driving the boys crazy with how much time they had to be in the studio, which for Mikey meant more time away from you. He hated it just as much as you did, as he had to be away from his daughter as well.  It was one of those days again, you were bed ridden, and didn’t even wake up until sometime in the afternoon. 

You trudged your way to the kitchen and turned on the kettle for some tea. Usually some tea helped, and you would then begin your daily binge marathon on netflix. After you had woken up, Coralee had taken a special liking to kicking your ribs and you wanted nothing more then to curl up on the couch and not move for several hours. It was killing you to not do the normal things you would do around the house during the day when Mikey was gone, but he had taken a habit to doing them for you when you didn’t notice. You two were his princesses in his eyes and he just wanted to do his part you guessed. You saw that Netflix had added new episodes of Supernatural and immediately clicked it to begin playing. The familiar theme splashed across the screen and before you knew it you had already watched six episodes and it was beginning to get dark outside. The battle with your eyelids was lost and you slowly began to fall asleep right there on the couch, blanket draped over you. You barely even noticed when Michael came in late, trying not to wake you when he saw you on the couch.

“Hey baby, I’m sorry I’m just getting home. I hate leaving you all day by yourself.” He knelt down by your head, brushing your hair out of your eyes gently. “Cuddle with us Mikey. I don’t feel good…” You groaned, but making no effort to move. “Let’s get you to bed first, okay princess?” You nodded your head no, groaning again. “Right here Mikey.” He smiled gently, feeling awful that the pregnancy made you feel this awful. He knew there wasn’t any arguing with you and moved you over as much as he could on the couch. Your belly rested on top of his stomach, and your neck fit right into his. He wrapped his arm around you, the other draped across his body and resting on your belly. Immediately you felt Coralee calm her kicking on your ribs and you stopped groaning. You rested in peace for a few minutes, the first time all day you had truly been able to relax. “She finally stopped kicking… She just…” You didn’t even finish your sentence you were so exhausted. Michael smiled, kissing your forehead. “She just wanted her Daddy. You’re a daddy’s girl already, my little princess.” Michael knew there would be no moving that night and he didn’t care. Bringing the blanket over the two of you, you felt him kiss your forehead one more time. “Sweet dreams my Queen, thank you for giving me our princess.”

Luke: You loved being pregnant, you really did, but the back pain was probably the worst pain you had ever felt in your entire life. Of course Liz had warned you about this and saw it coming, so when you began complaining about it and how it was keeping you from getting any sleep at night and would keep Luke up with your constant tossing and turning, she already knew what you needed. One day when Luke was at the studio she rang you up and said that she had a gift for you and was bringing it over. Of course you were just laying on the couch when she arrived, these days you seemed to be spending as much time off of your feet as you possibly could. The more time you spent off your feet, the less your back hurt whenever you did have to be on your feet. “Hi Y/N, how are you feeling?” She asked when she came in the door. “Same old same old, Jason loves to use my ribs as a football field and my back doesn’t seem to like it very much. I feel bad for keeping Luke up at night.” “Don’t worry, I have just the thing for you. It used to be my favorite thing when I was pregnant. It was the only way I could get any sleep near the end of my pregnancies.” She pulled out a giant curved pillow out of a bag and set it in front of you, but you had no idea what it was. “What is it?” “It’s a pregnancy pillow. When you sleep, sleep with it under your belly and it takes the pressure off of your back. You’ll sleep so well you’ll never know what hit ya.” You were so desperate for sleep, you took the pillow immediately. She left soon after, leaving you with your new pillow.